• ...and so much more!
  • vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    A while back Officer Moore sold me this Maadi before he was killed by some worthless ****bag in brightwood. He wanted to just give it to me as that was the kind of guy he was but i paid him anyway. It was a single stack with a thumbhole stock and the threads removed from the barrel similar to this

images

So i purchased some Ak 74 furniture, and finished it in red. I then took the rest of the dye and dyed the "bakelite" uspalm grip and mag. You can't tell but it matches russian plum 100%. I then rethreaded the barrel for a slant break, punched out the 1st pin in the front sight, and installed the detent pin where it should have been in the first place. Im pleased with the results, i hope you like it too.
    picture.php

bcourts

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2011
    The III's are just beautiful. How you like that optic?

Thanks! I have not shot w/ the optic yet. I really like the reticle, however cheek weld does not exist w/ this set up. It's more along the lines of chin weld. Should be interesting... :n00b:

bcourts

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2011
    My Draco right now. It is an AK, and it will eventually be a SHORT "long gun" so I am putting it here.
    6036212840_dcf6846bdf.jpg

Is that a Bart muzzle break from AIM Surplus? How do you like it? I am looking for a muzzle break for my underfolder.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    Is that a Bart muzzle break from AIM Surplus? How do you like it? I am looking for a muzzle break for my underfolder.
    It is. Honestly, the points get caught on stuff all the time. I might swap it out at some point. It doesn't reduce flash at all, and I put it on before I shot it, so I don't know how it does at reducing recoil/muzzle rise. It looks cool, for sure, but I am not sure it does anything but that. Since this is gonna be my first SBR, I might end up springing for the AKBC some time down the line.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Matt,
    I just took RIT "wine" dye and stained the wood (took several coats to get the desired color). The rest of the dye i put in a pot and mixed with water. Bring the pot up to a simmer. I used a "bakelite" us palm grip and magazine. Attach a wire (i used a coat hanger) or something so that you can remove the items from the rit water like easter eggs. Basically you'll want to dye everything at the exact same time. Check the items every minute or two. When you think you're getting close, pull ALL the items out at the same time and rinse them off. If they need to be darker put them ALL back in at the same time. Mine were actually a wine red color, but someone called on the phone and in the span of a minute turned into russian plum. People have freaked out wondering were i got plum uspalm mags and have offered double the price on them. I told them i special ordered them...but if you don't tell anyone i wont...oh wait...crap.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    You should have sold them the whole set for double what you paid and then just done another set haha. Coulda got yourself a few more mags to do too :)

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    to be honest i just told them how to do it themselves. I don't like to screw people over. It just sucks i can't be original anymore. Oh by the way, if you dye your stuff pick a pan that you don't give a **** about.

Top Bottom