vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Well to answer many questions in one post.:D

K, I will get some more pictures up. Shoots and handles great, I am currently looking for a load who's POA/POI roughly matches my practice ammo. (Wolf) I will be going out this evening to try some Rem. corelokt.

Jt, Gabe gave up on building these with the handguards. Not because they aren't good, they are, but because TWS just couldn't keep up with demand in any kind of reasonable time frame. There is nothing more frustating than ordering something, (especially something relatively high dollar) and then waiting around forever to get it. It was really a blow to the whole project.:(

Clay, that red dot won't be staying, I am trying to decide on some type of magnified optic, maybe a 1-4x of some sort. As soon as I pick something, I will get it on there. As much as I like red dots, IMHO they aren't the best for taking advantage of the .308's ballistics.

edit. back from the range. The Remington Core-lokt 150 gr's shoot to very close POI as my practice ammo. added benefit, its available at my local Meijer's.

Thanks for the pictures! I purchased the full rail system for my saiga from OST a few months ago, but i got an email the other day saying the manufacturer couldn't keep up with demand. I just re routed the money for a PWS muzzle device and some magazines. As soon as TWS can keep up with the demand I'll try again. Their hinged top cover is the bees knees.

N_K_1984

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    I aim to please the eye of many audiences, all at once. This way, I can post the same picture on a gun forum, a bike forum, and a gas log fire place forum.

PIC THREAD
    1943fe77.jpg

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    I've finally settled on a final configuration for my Saiga... well, I think I have. :rolleyes:

DSCF0958.jpg

DSCF0959.jpg

DSCF0960.jpg

DSCF0961.jpg

DSCF0962.jpg

DSCF0963.jpg

DSCF0964.jpg

DSCF0965.jpg

DSCF0966.jpg

I had an Aimpoint T-1 on the Midwest rail but it's found a home on my soon-to-be-SBR, so the Vortex SPARC replaced it. Added the Smith Vortex flash hider as the birdcage didn't work very well.

I may add a light in the future, a Haley Dropwing works well on the MI rail.

For those of you who want to "Keep that crap off my AK" I happily submit this pic of my Bulgy '74:

DSCF0473.jpg

DSCF0732.jpg

:rockwoot:

DWS

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    Sheridan
    Picked up this AK for next to nothing:

100_2388.jpg

After a few days of work - it doesn't look much better but at least it ain't white anymore...LOL

100_2403.jpg

Last edited:

MattCFII

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Danville
    I've finally settled on a final configuration for my Saiga... well, I think I have. :rolleyes:

I had an Aimpoint T-1 on the Midwest rail but it's found a home on my soon-to-be-SBR, so the Vortex SPARC replaced it. Added the Smith Vortex flash hider as the birdcage didn't work very well.

I may add a light in the future, a Haley Dropwing works well on the MI rail
    :rockwoot:

Sparc doesn't cowitness, does it? It's too bad, I really like it.

Also nice to see an RAAC Saiga for that Hoosier flair. I need to find one well done or uncoverted in 5.45.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Also nice to see an RAAC Saiga for that Hoosier flair. I need to find one well done or uncoverted in 5.45.

I dont know if you will ever find an RAAC Saiga in 5.45. I bought one when they were first available and it had the RAAC import mark blocked out with that funky hatch marking. My guess is they were out of the Saiga import business before the 5.45s were released, but their might be some out there, Ive just never seen them.

MattCFII

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Danville
    I dont know if you will ever find an RAAC Saiga in 5.45. I bought one when they were first available and it had the RAAC import mark blocked out with that funky hatch marking. My guess is they were out of the Saiga import business before the 5.45s were released, but their might be some out there, Ive just never seen them.
    Good point, they did import .223 right? I was thinking subcaliber AK and my brain went to 5.45.

Top Bottom