• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    hell I paid like $200 for the real deal! ;)

It does lock open. I can't remember if it locks shut or not. Ill have to dig it out and check.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Looks nice! Someone's really "Russian"-ed it up. Russian handguard, grip, grenade launcher, and sling.

Is that one of the MarColMar rifles that Troy build a few years ago? They imported a bunch of original AKS-74 kits (some of the only real ones to come in country), and had Troy build the nicer kits for them to sell exclusively. They also sold some of the kits.

Last edited:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Looks nice! Someone's really "Russian"-ed it up. Russian handguard, grip, grenade launcher, and sling.

Is that one of the MalColMar rifles that Troy build a few years ago? They imported a bunch of original AKS-74 kits (some of the only real ones to come in country), and had Troy build the nicer kits for them to sell exclusively. They also sold some of the kits.
    Thank you clay! Yep russian all the way! I don't know on the rest. I'll know tomorrow. If it is then I got an even better deal than I already thought. I'm just Greatful to have a AK built by a true master builder what I consider a legend in the AK world.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Thank you clay! Yep russian all the way! I don't know on the rest. I'll know tomorrow. If it is then I got an even better deal than I already thought. I'm just Greatful to have a AK built by a true master builder what I consider a legend in the AK world.

I'll have to look it up but there is some indication on the trunnion serial numbers which will tell you if it is or not.

tetsujin79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    NWI
    NPAP: Before and After, round 1

Before:
    IMG_0110_zpscb9a632b.jpg

After:
    IMG_0111_zps7a9a65a5.jpg

Mods: PWS FSC47, SI Trax-1, US Palm grip, SI AFG, & BFG 2 point

Need to get a 4" or smaller keymod rail so the underfolder will lock up completely, then to remove the un-used hand guard retainers. Anyone know where I can get a slick AK gas tube (ala Saiga "sporter") to fit a NPAP?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Thanks N_K! Very nice!!!

i owe so many thanks to TheWabbit for being the Ak master an helping me build my polish underfolder!! The knowledge he has is amazing for lack of a better term. I wouldn't have been able to do this without him! Thank you sir!

so for now I'm at the stage where slight adjustments are done. I painted the receiver but I had to mess it up to adjust mag fit, so to properly finish it I will strip the receiver again and finish it. Then I will install the underfolder stock. Never done one before but seems straight foreward.
    this is before I painted it. I'm matching the parts kits original paint so I could keep the kit components all original in finish. I must say that the tolerances of these parts are tighter than any other ak I've owned!! The polish people knew how to build AK's!!

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    i owe so many thanks to TheWabbit for being the Ak master an helping me build my polish underfolder!! The knowledge he has is amazing for lack of a better term. I wouldn't have been able to do this without him! Thank you sir

No problem. She's a pretty Polish rifle and was a lot of fun to assemble. I'm off to Menard's now to buy another spare set of 5/32" and 11/64" Black Oxide drill bits. I'm also going to add more lights to the Lair because it's just too dark down there.

Top Bottom