• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IFD365

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    INDY
    Looking to get my first AK. looking for some advice on a good place to buy. Trying to decide between a Draco & Full length. :ar15:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    IMO, AK pistols like the Draco are pointless, except as an easy way into an SBR.

As far as a good place to check out a bunch of AK rifles, I might have a suggestion. ;)

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    draco is more about simply "having one" than it is having it for a practical purpose.....but, it's matter of personal preference

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    those are AK-74's right?? :dunno:
    yes and no some are 7.62x39 others in 5.45x39.... yugo m92 is a 7.62 krink but they are much rarer and pricey.... best buy for a parts kit right now is Rguns's russian tula aks74u they have for $775 right now and they also have us made barrels for them... im building mine on a nodak spud receiver.... it will have a pbs-5 fake can on it till i do the tax stamp here is a pic of my parts kit (they are brand new never used part kits) great buys!!!
    0919111658a.jpg

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I good way into a top quality AK is via a Saiga conversion. The conversion is not difficult and you learn the guts of an AK very well while doing it. When done, you have an excellent quality AK for the price of a WASR. After you do one, you'll want to do more.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    IMO, AK pistols like the Draco are pointless

Pffft, I can see someone is not understanding that Call of Duty is selling the guns in his gun shop.:D

HINT: go ask anyone under 18 what are the cool guns to have in Call of Duty, those are the guns you will sell.

IFD, what's our budget?

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    Sweet Tula!

Whats the DOM?
    Thank you i cant wait to start this build!!! but still have a rpd in the works that needs to be finshed first
    DOM?????

Pffft, I can see someone is not understanding that Call of Duty is selling the guns in his gun shop.:D

HINT: go ask anyone under 18 what are the cool guns to have in Call of Duty, those are the guns you will sell.
    I have to agree.... lets not forget they are weapon experts after finishing the game... we should ask their advice:D

Black_Wolf

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Northwest Ind
    Sweet.

That bad dog sat around russia somewhere and was never issued before going to bulgaria and sitting around more before being cut up.

Nice grab on a piece of history.

Always wanted one of those. :rockwoot:

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    Sweet.

That bad dog sat around russia somewhere and was never issued before going to bulgaria and sitting around more before being cut up.

Nice grab on a piece of history.

Always wanted one of those. :rockwoot:
    played with one over in the sand box (being a marine is great!) after that i had to own one and for the price $775 + 100 for a 8in barrel cant beat it for a parts kit.... now just got to find a good deal on a PMK.... the Marines started my love for russian/soviet block weapons so far got a many ak's both 47/74's (stocked, underfolders,side folders most of which i built from kits) and rpd im building right now, (shopping for a RPK kit currently) many toys in 9mm mak (and my first makarov buy is in the works its a east german model from a guy on here.... and we cant forget my mosin revolver and my nagant rifles (m44 is my favorite so far) plus compaired to most weapons they are cheap! just not ammo for the nagant revolver lol

Black_Wolf

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Northwest Ind
    Cool, you got to play with the real stuff unlike the neutered toys we get here without stepping up to the big leagues.

I'll keep my ears open on the RPK.

Seen many Romys but I did remember seeing a rusky 74 rpk kit somewhere within the last year, I believe.

Dont know bout a reciever for those though, as they don't utilize the dimples for the mag stability.

Harlan might have an answer to that though.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    IMO, AK pistols like the Draco are pointless, except as an easy way into an SBR.

As far as a good place to check out a bunch of AK rifles, I might have a suggestion. ;)

I didn't put two and two together and realize that you're at Bradis. I bought my CZ P01 from you guys a few years ago.

Top Bottom