• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gonzopatriot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2012
    Harrison Co
    I am seeing less and less Ak-74's on the market lately, now that im trying to pick one up.

I think people are finally seeing that 1080 rds for 150-180 bucks is worth having this rifle around as an MBR or a Prepper weapon.

I found a Tantal i think im going to pick up. And i see the M+M is producing a nice one.

Gun show coming up Sept 22-23 at freedom hall in Louisville, KY. Might just have to buy up all i find...

DEC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Angola
    Very tough to find mags for reasonable prices right now.

I built my AK-74 last December/January out of a Saiga. Paid $352 for the base gun and was told I was nuts because they had been selling for $300 weeks before. Now that $352 seems cheap. I did a full AK-74 conversion and then loaded up on Polish mags at the time for about $18 each, which seemed like a lot then. Glad I bought them then.

Ammo is still reasonable but seems to be going up too.

Not the best time to get into the AK-74 platform right now, IMO. I'd probably wait and see if surplus starts coming back into the country in 2013. If it does, prices should drop a little.

Stang51d

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 25, 2012
    Centerpoint
    I built my Tantal earlier this year. Was a new gun when it was cut up. Built on a new US bbl, tapco trig group, I bent the reciever with all of the AK-Builder tools and when I built it the tapco mags were cheap and work awsm. It's one of my fav guns and wouldn't turn loose of it for anything reasonable.

CarnageRush

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harrison County
    I got into the '74 game just at the right time. So long as you want something, I don't think it's a bad idea to get it. I've been meaning to get a FAL and ammo and mags aren't exactly cheap. I'd like to add an SGL-31 to the collection.

My '74s

100_3342.jpg

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    This is as good a place to ask as any...anyone know where to get any bakelite mags? I have a few slab sides, but all i'm finding in the bakelite department are RPK mags. If anyone has any to sell or trade, PM a fool.

Top Bottom