• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    Where might one purchase the parts for such an event? Like... all the pieces to build an AK...

Depends on what you wanna build. You can get receivers from Nodakspud and many other places. These will have to be transfered in to your local FFL. You can also get a receiver flat which has to be bent, drilled, heat treated and guide rails welded on. The kits can be bought from a variety of places like www.apexgunparts.com www.copesdistributing www.ak-builder.com www.rguns.net and many many more. Just be careful and dont buy a "milled receiver" type kit which requires a more expensive machined receiver instead of the relatively cheap folded 1mm sheet metal receiver.

What kind of kit you want? 7.62x39(AK47) or 5.45x39(AK74) Then do you want a underfolder or fixed stock? If you want a fixed stock do you want wood or synthetic?

You will also have to buy some american made parts to comply with a BS law (922r) that states no more than 10 parts can be imported parts. You will have to buy a new barrel because all the kits coming into country are now molested with a torch in various spots of the barrel to comply with newer BS regs. (The kits around 7 years ago that came in had their original barrels). You will need a $9 rivet set to assemble your kit. Easiest cheap US parts to use are Tapco trigger assembly(counts as 3 us parts), gas piston, barrel, receiver/flat(you must use) and that makes 6 out of 16 leaving 10 imported parts which allows you to use foreign magazines (the ones that work and were originally used in your AK).
    There will be enough knowledge at the party to get'er done. I learned alot from the THEWABBIT at the last party and you can watch his AK youtube build series for the AK47 to get a better idea at what has to happen to avenge the death of the full auto AK you now have as a parts kit (remade in to a semi-auto of course). Thread is in this forum.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    NoGo for me this time. I'm heading to Hawaii on the 3rd and am stopping in Vagas on the way back. Will not be back in my ao till the 20th. My slot is open! Maybe I'll hit the next one!

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Ok I'll have my own press at the party this time so with others bringing theirs too we should be good this time. Last time only having one press slowed us down. So I we have 3 at least then we should be knocking them out!!!

Jsmrussell

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    Im hoping to attend and I can bring my press that is still unused. I also have an extra underfolder ( Bulgarian) if anyone would be interested Id be happy to make you a great deal on it. thanks I was at the one a couple years ago at the marion county fish and game on crawfordsville road and it was a lot of fun

Last edited:

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    I'll be there for a few hours but I'm not bringing the 12-ton press. It's a lot of work pulling it out of the Lair. I will have all my tools with me.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Hello all.

Mike asked me to jump in and keep track of who is coming and bringing what. Let's start the official list. I went back threw the thread and the last thread think I pulled the names thus far.

1911ly? I am having some health issues but I should be GTG by then. I am 99% sure I'll be there.
    Airborn18th?
    Psode27?
    Jmsrussel ?
    Remauto1187
    TheWabbit
    Triggertime
    Warthog ?

Please chime in with what your bringing and if you are attending. There is room for about 10 builders.

Reminders:

If you are building a rifle it must be 922r compliant. If we spot you are doing something questionable you will be asked to leave (period). Drugs and Alcohol are a big no! No smoking in the garage area. If VitaminK comes, dude you gotta wear pants! And that's about it for don'ts. We will have a port a potty again.

Get your parts lined up. Less then 30 days away. Hopefully we'll see you there! We had a great time at the last build!

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Thank you to 1911y for taking the lead on getting this one rolling again!! Your a fabulous community organizer (wink wink).
    but seriously this wouldn't be possible without your help!!

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Thank you to 1911y for taking the lead on getting this one rolling again!! Your a fabulous community organizer (wink wink).
    but seriously this wouldn't be possible without your help!!

The last community organizer I heard about made it to the white house :rockwoot:I'll use this as my stepping stone! Sweet

Seriously though. I don't mind. This is a tiny event. I have done way way bigger lol. It's fun.

Top Bottom