AK Build Party at USDS on 5/2/2015 (10:00 am)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • atalon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 6, 2012
    Indy
    I have the barrel population tools for my M72 build. Is there anything else I might want to look into getting to make the build easier considering I have a slightly different setup than most? I am using a nodakspud receiver which seems pretty good. The long rivets seem like the toughest part, is there anything that would help with those considering extra protrusion on the front trunion? or anything else I have not thought of being my first build?

I think I am good for any weekend in October except for Sunday 4. I am traveling to Wisconsin for the week for some training.

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    long rivets i believe form best went they are started by hand (dome with a hammer) then smash with rivet jig did you find your m72 sling plate? Nodak is want me and wabbit both used on our romy rpk's and i have a m70 underfolder receiver for my m72 paratrooper. The weekends of the 17, 24, 31 probably would be the best choices...... Remember Knob creek starts the 12th!!!

atalon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 6, 2012
    Indy
    did you find your m72 sling plate?

I have one that will work, but it has a gouge in it. I was hoping to find a fresher one, but I can get along without it.

It is a non-numbers matching kit so I am guess it will not be a big deal to any value.

Last edited:

atalon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 6, 2012
    Indy
    Does anyone have an account on falfiles.com I am trying to see if drtrumpet still has some M72 parts and I can't get an account approved over there for the last two weeks. I have emailed but I don't think anyone is monitoring for new accounts. here is the link to his profile if you would be willing.
    The FAL Files

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    Does anyone have an account on falfiles.com I am trying to see if drtrumpet still has some M72 parts and I can't get an account approved over there for the last two weeks. I have emailed but I don't think anyone is monitoring for new accounts. here is the link to his profile if you would be willing.
    The FAL Files
    I do but im at a zero post count i may or maynot be able to pm yet (it took me over 2 months before i was approved)

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    I sent clay a pm he said anytime after the 17th...Any one have a date in mind?

Oct 24 (get the house ready for Halloween) and 31 are obviously bad dates for anyone with a kids (and a wife) that doesn't want to be sleeping on the couch until New Year and buying the wife something VERY expensive for Christmas that is not made from steel and goes bang.

Nov 7 or 14 should work for me.

Top Bottom