• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scam1789

Long time Member mostly lurking.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 11, 2008
    Pittsboro
    My flat should be here by Monday you can mark me down as "has a flat to bend" at the very least still shopping for a decently priced fixed stock kit.

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    AMD 65 Parts Kit

Barrels :: 14.375" AMD65 NON-CHROME LINED 7.62 x 39 Barrel - AK-Builder.com

You would have to find an AMD-65 receiver (or modify an AK-47 receiver).

If you have a kit and want it assembled at the build party, we need a 100% ready receiver. Any flats we bend will not be ready to assemble unless you understand that you will have to heat treat later with your trunnions installed. Make sure you read everything you can about doing that before we install your trunnions. Even if you spot treat with a MAPP torch that day, the receiver will need time (i.e. overnight) to cool.

Last edited:

indysims

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    Aug 31, 2011
    If you have a kit and want it assembled at the build party, we need a 100% ready receiver. Any flats we bend will not be ready to assemble unless you understand that you will have to heat treat later with your trunnions installed. Make sure you read everything you can about doing that before we install your trunnions. Even if you spot treat with a MAPP torch that day, the receiver will need time (i.e. overnight) to cool.

Coming to the party, it would be possible to form the flat and get help getting the receiver drilled and ready for assembly of the trunnions and trigger guard?

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    Thanks for the heads up the other day about flats coming in stock! Ordered two (1-74, 1-47) I need another one, but not absolutely crucial. I am now hoping to find a 74 barrel... What a good thread!

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    I ordered some flats from armsofamerica.com about 3 weeks ago and I haven't heard a thing. I emailed their support, and tried calling (voicemail full).

I'd really like to know if the flats were in stock like they said they were.

I also ordered some barrels from DSGarms. Same story. No shipping, no email response, can't be reached by the phone.

I understand times are tough, but if you say your product is in stock and I haven't heard a thing in 3 weeks, I'm looming on a credit card dispute.

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    Are the good as nice to have..yes. Is that a good price? Not really. You would still need a barrel and receiver adding another $200 to your price.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    On the E German kit, no guarantee of matching numbers or possibly sanatized parts. A bit rich considering that.

basically everything you listed is more than I would pay, EXCEPT for the M92 kit. Its only a little more money than I would spend.

HangmanAV

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2011
    Anderson, IN
    So I had an Egyptian AK47 on back order from midwayusa since Jan. 2. The back order date kept getting pushed back further and further until today when I received an email fom them saying they have cancelled my order. Really stinks because they were selling them for $230. Now it looks like I will be spending at least $100 more to get my kit now, if I can find one at all. Think I will still attend the build party and have my 2 receivers drilled and get them ready for my kit. :tantrum:

HangmanAV

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2011
    Anderson, IN

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    Yes, they do have them in stock. After shipping and taxes (Maryland) the total is almost $400 ($396.44 to be exact). Might do some shopping before I pay that.

AMD65 - Rifle Parts Kit With Receiver 7.62x39 caliber FFL Required - Recently Back in Stock

If you want the parts kit plus a receiver, you can get this. Finding a AMD65 barrel will be the hard part. We could build your receiver in the meantime if you go this route. You could also Frankenbuild an AK with an AKM front and AMD65 rear. This is like the AMD63.

HiRoller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Indianapolis East
    I got my flats in today from AK Builder, they appear to be very nice stampings. Quick shipping here in 2 days. I sent an e mail to the folks at gunthings, they do have kits in stock, reading the site info it looks like a low end deal, but for 325 minus the barrel and in stock who knows ??

Last edited:

akkrazy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    I have an kit to bulid.

Is be interested in building I have been sitting on an egyptian kit for months now.:ar15:

Top Bottom