• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fawkes

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2012
    okay fellas when is the next build party? I have 3 partially built Romy kits that need to be finished.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    I'm in! I need to get some stuff heat treated, if someone has some experience in that it would be great! I have a few more projects I need to get done, getting together helps me get some ambition!

Fawkes

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2012
    Lets get this going so we don't any of what we learned at the first build party. We learned alot.

pwoller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I'm in! I need to get some stuff heat treated, if someone has some experience in that it would be great! I have a few more projects I need to get done, getting together helps me get some ambition!

I could be wrong but I don't think there was any heat treating at the last one. Doesn't mean it cant happen at the next one though!

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    I'm up for it. Just need Clay, Duff, and IndyDave. I have a few more tools to help with more builds.

And it might help to have the MCFG approval if we go there again.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Does anyone know if the tapco hammer and trigger retaining plate counts as a US part?

Nope. Copied / pasted this from elseware:

The 16 countable parts of an AK rifle. No more than 10 of these parts may be imported.

(1) Receiver
    (2) Barrel
    (3) Trunnion
    (4) Muzzle attachments(flash hiders, brakes, barrel extensions, barrel nuts)
    (5) Bolt
    (6) Bolt carrier
    (7) Gas piston
    (8) Trigger
    (9) Hammer
    (10) Disconnecter
    (11) Buttstock
    (12) Pistol grip
    (13) Forearm handguards
    (14) Magazine body
    (15) Follower
    (16) Floorplate

The underlined parts are the most commonly available U.S. manufactured parts.

On a typical stamped receiver rifle you need to replace 5 parts with no muzzle attachment and 6 parts with a muzzle attachment.

On a typical milled recevier rifle you need to replace 4 parts with no muzzle attachment and 5 parts with a muzzle attachment, because there isn't a barrel trunion, it is part of the receiver.

When building an AK pistol, these regulations do not apply. You can not have a stock or forward pistol grip on a pistol.

I would add that I wouldn't want to consider the magazine one of your US parts, because what happens to the legal status of your rifle when it's removed? Stupid, trivial law that most likely will never be enforced, but I wouldn't want to be the first guy charged over it.

Top Bottom