• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Falschirmjaeger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2017
    Noblesville
    The dudes at AKFiles are melting down over this, and some have raised the very intersting issue that this is probably an unregistered SBR. No known MAK-90s (or any Chinese AKs?) left the factory as pistols, and simply hacking off the barrel and taking off the stock ain't cuttin' it......

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    IF this wasn't a trap, might be a decent buy to send to Jim Fuller to have it redone. Hard to find a Mak 90 that cheap these days, no?

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    ATF has been surprisingly non-caring when it comes to converting rifles to pistols, for instance only requiring a warning paper in the Beretta Neos Carbine kit stating not to have the pistol barrel on the frame when you install the stock. Carbine barrel first, then stock ok going together. Guessing that as long as the stock tang is removed and a plate welded to the rear of the receiver to prevent stock installation, they won't care.

Regardless, doing this to a banned import should be result in a public slap-fest.

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    ^ stock tang is still there, the SVD style stock he cut down requires it to be installed.

factory receiver as well. Plain and simple, NFA violation. It can have a stock installed lickity split. This thing at a minimum needs a barrel gas block and a front sight block. Not to mention it might get you in trouble

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    ^ stock tang is still there, the SVD style stock he cut down requires it to be installed.

factory receiver as well. Plain and simple, NFA violation. It can have a stock installed lickity split. This thing at a minimum needs a barrel gas block and a front sight block. Not to mention it might get you in trouble

Thanks for the update! :yesway:

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    pix418814082.jpg

pix420604114.jpg

As noted above, it still has the stock tang and is a big time NFA violation. Feel sorry for whoever the highest bidder is. Hope he has a good lawyer.

That poor rifle...:ugh:

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    The dudes at AKFiles are melting down over this, and some have raised the very intersting issue that this is probably an unregistered SBR. No known MAK-90s (or any Chinese AKs?) left the factory as pistols, and simply hacking off the barrel and taking off the stock ain't cuttin' it......

As noted above, it still has the stock tang and is a big time NFA violation. Feel sorry for whoever the highest bidder is. Hope he has a good lawyer.

That poor rifle...:ugh:

This was my first thoughts as well, it's a SBR that definitely isn't papered. I've never seen or heard of a factory Norinco pistol so at one time I was a full rifle that had a dysfunctional life.

Didn't notice it still had the tang on the receiver and they're using it as a sling swivel

WTF

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0

Sorry, but after hundreds of hours spent as RSO that's my feeling on AK pistols in general. Answer to a question that no one asked. I"m not sure what purpose they serve other than making a lot of noise and I've never seen a decent holster for one. :):

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    “Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public”

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

Top Bottom