• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Duron219

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    East Chicago
    Can it be done? I have the crazy idea of putting an Ak grip onto my M1 Carbine. I want to do it just to see if it can be done and how well it'll work. I'm going to try to do it with as little modifications to the stock as possible.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I suppose you could always just thread a part of the M1 stock and run the AK pistol grip bolt into it. Did this to a .22 for the heck of it once. Might not be very comfortablet though, don't have a carbine to see for myself.

92LX

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Your guns your choice.

But please tell me your not gonna Bubba a genuine WWII Carbine, and as such destroy it's value both historically and monetarily.

Kahr or aftermarket go for it.

Duron219

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    East Chicago
    Your guns your choice.

But please tell me your not gonna Bubba a genuine WWII Carbine, and as such destroy it's value both historically and monetarily.

Kahr or aftermarket go for it.

I would never do that, it's a Universal and I'm not going to do anything to screw up the rifle or do any damage. I will shape the AK grip if I have to in order to make it fit. That's all I plan and want to do

Sgt7330

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Rush Co.
    I would never do that, it's a Universal and I'm not going to do anything to screw up the rifle or do any damage. I will shape the AK grip if I have to in order to make it fit. That's all I plan and want to do

Was getting ready to PM you and if it was a USGI stock. Universal.... go for it! Or, get a paratrooper folding stock for it

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    I wouldn't do it...but I have put them on Mosins

picture.php

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Can it be done? I have the crazy idea of putting an Ak grip onto my M1 Carbine. I want to do it just to see if it can be done and how well it'll work. I'm going to try to do it with as little modifications to the stock as possible.

That is sacrilegious and besides WW2 era guns don't need Gucci'd up! They are guns for Men just the way they are!

Duron219

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    East Chicago
    That is sacrilegious and besides WW2 era guns don't need Gucci'd up! They are guns for Men just the way they are!

It's a Universal made between '65-'66, I would never do something to ruin a WW2 weapon or anything else for that matter that has historical significance. I'm not going to ruin the rifle or stock. there is a screw in the stock that runs from behind the receiver, through the stock and comes out behind the trigger and I plan on replacing that screw with a longer one so I can attach the grip. I may have to do some work on the grip to make it fit but that is all I plan on doing. It isn't going to stay on the rifle permanently, its just something that I want to try.

Duron219

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    East Chicago
    HA HA HA!...You want to see sacreligious Mosins ??

picture.php
    Nice job on the Mosins, those are the only weapons that I don't care if someone does something like that to them.

Why not get something like this?

M-1 Carbine Folding Stock : FOLDING PISTOL GRIP STOCK | Brownells

I've thought about getting one for mine and just hanging onto the furniture. If I ever want it to be stock I can just swap it back.
    I have but like I said before my M1 is a Universal and the trigger housing is wider and may not work with that stock.

Top Bottom