• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AD Marc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Hmm, I've never found commie steel mags to be in any way deficient, but if these end up being just as good and cheaper that would be something.

ZX-14R

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Sucks that I live in Colorado....they'll be out right after the hi-cap ban goes into place on July 1st. FML.

ZX-14R

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Perhaps they'll take pre-orders for such residents in such circumstances?!? :dunno:

I don't know, that would be awesome though. I can't thank Magpul enough for everything they have done for Colorado...its too bad that POS democrats thank them by forcing them out of state.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    What do these usually run?

Prior to the craziness and in between presidential elections, you could get quality AK-47 milsurp 30rd mags for $9.99. While the manufacture varied depending on what ship was hitting the docks it was everything from Bulgy, E. german, Chinese (thank G.H. Bush for that loss), Romanian et. al.

It seems like yesterday (or more like 8 years ago) that I was buying Bakelite E. German AK-74 mags for $4.99 each when you bought 10 or more.

Aimsurplus just had 30 round new bulgies for $14.99 last week. I bought one for the heck of it as an add on to some other stuff I was picking up.

I love seeing US companies make AK mags in case the over seas supply is ever cut off. I don't understand why a company like US Palm makes a non serviceable AK47 mag while supply is high.

It's a good mag but better than the milsurp stuff for 1/3 the price (when they first came out) ? No way.

In any case, interesting development and I'll buy a few for testing if nothing else.

I do wish these things were around back when compliance parts were hard to come by and US made AK mags were junk.

I agree with other posters, AK74 mags are harder to get right now and that would be a great niche for magpul to fill. Oh yeah, make them user serviceable please. :cool:

Popeye81

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    I use the Tapco polymer mags and I've had no issues with them...Even made in the USA.LGS has them for $20 a piece. I picked up some from another LGS and paid $13 and this all recently.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    If these work well, they will make a ton of money for Magpul. That is a really good thing too since Magpul seems to be a company that's more interested in supporting shooters than cashing in on the current craze like CTD has tried. Good for Magpul and I hope these sell by the millions.

Top Bottom