• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    Are you trying to add a picatinny rail to your AK-47?

I don't get how it works. It doesn't look like a replacement cover so how does it stay on (besides the front end that replaces the rear iron site)?

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    I'd steer clear. For a similar rail your better option would be either the TWS gen 1 rail or the Krebs. The fundamental difference between the three is the latter allows you to remove the dust cover without having to unscrew the rear mount every time.

TWS
    5442525004_e5c50760a4.jpg

Krebs
    Rail_Assembled-650.jpg

A better rail than both IMHO is the TWS hinged dust cover, if for no other reason than it doesn't add any more weight to the gun for the same effect.

6a0133ec985af6970b014e88d31f26970d-320wi

gajones06

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2011
    Sorry about the dup thread the first one i started I was not able to relocate. From my understanding is it replaces the rear sight and then the back is fixed using the screw for the stock. From what I understand you can get a TWS rear peep sight so you have back up irons. It seems like a knock off of the TWS at a much lower cost and different way of attaching the back end of it.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    well kind of. If you notice the TWS top cover (gen 2) or the Dogleg rail (gen 1) dip down where the sight you list does not. Your rear sight will be too high for the front. On the Krebs rail the rear sight is right on the rail. Both Krebs and the Dogleg have a rear mount that locks it in place. On the above you have to unscrew the rear tangs screw if you have a serious malfunction or need to clean your gun. After a while you'll turn that screw hole into mush. Your zero will likely change as well.

Top Bottom