• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snake-doctor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Cumberland
    Hello, I'm new. I will probably get an AK sometime this summer, and I'm looking for one with a collapsible stock. From my last trip out to Bradis, I'm guessing they have the biggest AK selection around central Indy. Can anyone enlighten me?
    Thanks

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    Hello, I'm new. I will probably get an AK sometime this summer, and I'm looking for one with a collapsible stock. From my last trip out to Bradis, I'm guessing they have the biggest AK selection around central Indy. Can anyone enlighten me?
    Thanks
    They have quite a few. I know they have a Yugo underfolder for around $500.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Spasmo is looking for an AK, too, but we both know crap-all about them, so we've been holding off to avoid getting screwed on the price and features.

snake-doctor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Cumberland
    That sounds decent. I don't think I'm ready to drop the amount of money onto an AR that I'd need to in order to have a decent starting model. AR's seem to need too many customizations and modifications. I think I'd rather just get an AK for my civil unrest defense and practice with it. I might look into a 5.56 caliber AK, but I'm leaning toward the standard 7.62 x .39 types.

I'd rather get an AR, but I shoot rifles left handed, so I'd likely go with Stag Arms. I would think for my needs (range trips to Atterbury every couple of months if they survived the storms, and civil defense) a Stag Arms would be just fine.

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    Spasmo is looking for an AK, too, but we both know crap-all about them, so we've been holding off to avoid getting screwed on the price and features.
    If you're close enough, I would talk to the guys down at Bradis. They're pretty knowledgeable, and I don't think they would steer you wrong.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    I have owned a couple of them and am fairly knowledgeable about them if you have questions Scutter.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    That sounds decent. I don't think I'm ready to drop the amount of money onto an AR that I'd need to in order to have a decent starting model. AR's seem to need too many customizations and modifications. I think I'd rather just get an AK for my civil unrest defense and practice with it. I might look into a 5.56 caliber AK, but I'm leaning toward the standard 7.62 x .39 types.

7.62x39 is a lot cheaper than .223/5.56 too. :D

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway

I'd rather get an AR, but I shoot rifles left handed, so I'd likely go with Stag Arms. I would think for my needs (range trips to Atterbury every couple of months if they survived the storms, and civil defense) a Stag Arms would be just fine.
    They also have some basic 5.56 ARs down there for just over $500 (IIRC). I would def look at those too.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    :hijack: I'm guilty of jacking this thread.

Let's keep this more on Bradis reviews and start a new thread about AKs and Calibers.

snake-doctor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Cumberland
    Sorry about that. I've always been treated very well whenever I go to Bradis. I'd say they, AAC and Plainfield are all very decent.

I just checked ammoman for some price quotes. 7.62 right now is cheaper than 5.56. With that and AK's in general being cheaper than AR's, I'm still leaning toward an AR in the 7.62 caliber.

I'll give the guys at Bradis a call when I'm ready to get one.

Last edited:

kbrown84

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2008
    Southside
    I talked with a guy from Bradis this weekend, and he brought up good point. Right now 7.62x39 might be less expensive than a .223, but when we finish cleaning up in the middle east there will be quite a bit of surplus .223 for us to play with! Made a little sense to me!

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I talked with a guy from Bradis this weekend, and he brought up good point. Right now 7.62x39 might be less expensive than a .223, but when we finish cleaning up in the middle east there will be quite a bit of surplus .223 for us to play with! Made a little sense to me!

Sure, if you can wait 75 years...:rolleyesedit:

snake-doctor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Cumberland
    Sure, if you can wait 75 years...:rolleyesedit:

This made me laugh out loud!

They also have some basic 5.56 ARs down there for just over $500 (IIRC). I would def look at those too.

I've not heard anything good about Olympic Arms however. I'd have to hear from more OA owners. I still think I'll stick to an AK for now.

Last edited:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    The current crop of Oly rifles is MUCH better than what they've put out in years past; we (Bradis) sell a ton of 'em, and the return/complaint rate has been very, VERY low. The few problems that have come up have been little things like an extractor upgrade or a loose carrier key screw that we can take care of on the spot. IMO, the Olys are a decent entry-level AR for recreational shooting, which is all the majority of our customers are looking for.

I never thought I'd see the day where I could put a customer into a Black Rifle for less than a Mini-14, but here we are. And being able to get more AR-type rifles into the hands of folks who otherwise might not have owned 'em is a Good Thing in the long run. Oly deserves props for that, if nothing else.

For those wanting something a little fancier or closer to mil-spec, we also stock Bushmaster, S&W and RRA, and can get pretty much any other make on a special-order basis.

Top Bottom