• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Should shooter 512 pop in, listen to what he says as well.

Nah, Indykid already has things well in hand. He went by the moniker "AK-Nut" on another online community in a former life, and with good reason. :) When he talks AK, I listen. We might not always agree on the finer points, but the dude has mad knowledge. :yesway:

Oliver08

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Grant county,IN
    This is The info I have trying to find on here. I am so glad I asked because this is so much better than reading a thousand threads and trying to put it together. Thank you. If you dont mind I have a couple more. Are the parts interchangable between the varius models? And as stated by INDYKID about them havimg no more than 10 non-US parts, how many do the WASR's have. Would using a non-US mag put me over. Are the US parts marked? If I looked at them can I tell which are which or do I have to know all the varius after-market parts by sight. Thank you all.

Oliver08

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Grant county,IN
    OH ya. A friend of mine(an older small gun dealer) was testing someones ak and it blow-p and almost took out his eye. It was later learned that the maker of the reciever had not hardened it. Has anyone ever heard of this? Or know what company/place these might have been from? Or as this someone trying to make his own? Thanks

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Are the parts interchangable between the varius models?

Depends. There can be a lot of variation among different nationalities, makes/models, and even individual guns within a given series. There is really no such thing as a "drop-in" part when it comes to AKs; even parts designed to fit "many" or "most" may require some massaging to fit your particular gun.

how many do the WASR's have. Would using a non-US mag put me over.

WASR-10s have US made hammer/trigger/sear (3 parts), gas piston (1 part) and pistol grip (1 part). If there is a threaded (removable) muzzle device, this will be US-made, as well. This allows you to use any magazine you wish, foreign or domestic, without running afoul of the parts count [STRIKE]nonsense[/STRIKE] requirement.

Are the US parts marked?

These days, they generally are. This has not always been the case, however, so it pays to do your homework.

It was later learned that the maker of the reciever had not hardened it. Has anyone ever heard of this?

Sounds like one of the old B-West receivers from the (very) early 90s.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    No one likes the Yugo's? I have a Century built under-folder...that thing is built like a tank. Thicker receiver and the trunnion from the RPK machine gun. These guns are over-built. I have a beautiful full stocked Yugo AK kit that till needs built then I will have both variants.
    YugoM70B11.jpg

YugoM70B13.jpg

YugoM70B25.jpg

Top Bottom