• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigJ3780

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 18, 2010
    I have an AK that's already had a saiga conversion. I was researching upgrades for the internals, but see a lot of debate over it. Some say the gun is fine how it is, others say you can improve accuracy, figured I would ask here as well.

Are there any internal upgrades for the AK that are worthwhile?

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    If you have a Saiga that's had the conversion done there really isn't much else to replace internally depending on the conversion. The trigger group has been replaced so if your happy with leave it alone, if not replace it with a different one, they're cheap and easy to do. Once you look at the design there's not much to them so I don't know if would really make that much of a difference.

The only parts usually not replaced in the conversion is the hammer spring and the gas piston. The gas piston doesn't make a difference and replacing the hammer spring may help smooth out the trigger pull a little but whether it's worth it or not is up to you. Other than improving the trigger pull there's not much else you going to be able to do to improve the accuracy by replacing a few of the internal parts.

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    Internally, The only "upgrade" internal part that would matter IMO would just be the trigger, if your getting gritty, hard pulls off your trigger i would install a tapco g2 trigger. i switched my PSL trigger to this and could not be any happier.

Also if you want to improve accuracy, get yourself a nice pso, or psop.

Top Bottom