• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • acarnahan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Fort Wayne, IN
    So I put in the Tapco AK trigger and now when the bolt cycles back, it doesn't reset the hammer and when the bolt chambers the second round the hammer lightly strikes the primer of that newly chambered round. I doesn't strike enough to cause a double-fire (or hasn't yet). If I manually pull the BCG back, it does reset the trigger/hammer, so it has to be an issue with either the recoil spring or something in the trigger group binding just before to hammer is reset. My thought is to cut off a coil of the recoil spring and re-assemble to see if that fixes the problem.

Any thoughts?

Problem Solved:
    Thanks for everyone's help. Disconnector spring was missing.

Last edited:

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    You can put a single hook in anything, can only put a double hook into a rifle cut for a double hook. Function will be no different with a single hook in a double hook rifle.

NOW, here is my thing. If you had an SGL, you had a pretty darn good trigger already. IMO there is no reason to put a Tapco FCG into an SGL. The arsenal triggers are US made, and is similar to s 2 stage trigger. The tapco are a good trigger, but there is no 2 stage feel. Its a preference thing really.

If you want to sell that arsenal trigger group, let me know. Ill give you what you paid for the tapco.

matthewdanger

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    The simple answer is to put the original trigger group back into the SGL21. You aren't missing much from the G2 trigger anyway. It is light but it lacks any sort of trigger feel and the reset isn't very positive.

Also, the light dent in the primer is probably normal. Many semi-auto designs like the AK and AR will do that.

45pro

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Plymouth
    So I put in the Tapco AK trigger and now when the bolt cycles back, it doesn't reset the hammer and when the bolt chambers the second round the hammer lightly strikes the primer of that newly chambered round. I doesn't strike enough to cause a double-fire (or hasn't yet). If I manually pull the BCG back, it does reset the trigger/hammer, so it has to be an issue with either the recoil spring or something in the trigger group binding just before to hammer is reset. My thought is to cut off a coil of the recoil spring and re-assemble to see if that fixes the problem.

Any thoughts?

The tapco trigger group does NOT come with the tiny little spring that you need. You have to reuse it from the old trigger group. Take the pint out that holds the trigger and disconnector together and there will be a little spring in there.

I did the same thing when i installed mine(forgot to put in the little spring), it turned my gun into a single fire gun with the next round chambered and a light primer strike that did not set it off. Be careful because without that spring it can easily slam fire and go full auto.

Its probably a simple mistake of not seeing, and reusing the little spring.

Last edited:

45pro

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Plymouth
    The simple answer is to put the original trigger group back into the SGL21. You aren't missing much from the G2 trigger anyway. It is light but it lacks any sort of trigger feel and the reset isn't very positive.

Also, the light dent in the primer is probably normal. Many semi-auto designs like the AK and AR will do that.

I actually like the G2 trigger, makes it TOO easy to bumpfire!!:ar15:

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    after I thought a bit, i was going to mention the disconnector spring is probably missing.

Check that first. Its the easiest thing.

acarnahan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Ok, so I'm home & have the AK out. Here are a few corrections:

1. It is a single hook. I rememberred having to send one back to get the other & I remember incorrectly. So I have a Tapco single hook trigger.
    2. As it is a preference thing, I felt that the SGL trigger was gritty compared to the Tapco. To each his own, I'm not interested in which is or isn't better.
    3. If I pull the trigger & hold it back, cycle the bolt, the hammer doesn't catch. I'm looking over the parts to see if I did in fact miss the disconnector spring.

I'll keep you informed. Thanks for all the help so far.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but this answered a problem I just had! Didn't find anything on Survivor's SKS Board, or a general interwebz search either!

INGO is awesome.:ingo::yesway::yesway:

Top Bottom