• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • A 7.62 Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    I bought a 74 about two years ago, and started turning it into a more "modern" rifle. Tacticool magpul accessories, front grip, and an AK-M4 stock adapter. I was trying to keep the stock minimal, so I went with an Magpul STR. Here's my problem, the 5.45 shouldn't kick my jaw every time I fire the rifle, but it does. I suspect it has something to do with the STR i'm running, but I don't want to have to replace anything unless I have to. Anyone else hve issues with a AK-M4 style adapter and getting falcon punched in the face? What kind of stock are you currently running on yours and how do you like it?

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    What adapter are you using? I've been using the Definitive Arms AK to M4 adapter on two of my AKs a pistol running a brace and VEPR AKFM47-11 with a Magpul fixed carbine stock, and a Kreb's custom AK to M4 adapter on my .308 VEPR with a Hogue rifle length stock and don't get punched in the face by any of them. I can't imagine the 5.45 having more recoil than 7.62x39 or 7.62x51.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Is it over gassed? I'm not familiar with AK platforms, but I know an adjustable gas block made my creedmoor very soft shooting.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    Over gassed rifle would be my first suspicion. I've shot some x39 AKs that were so over gassed they kicked like a .308! I know yours is a 74, but the problem is the same.

Top Bottom