• ...and so much more!
  • Cynical

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 21, 2013
    peru
    I have tears the size of horse turds at this loss of world class journalism. It was also a favorite news source of Hillary because of their truthfulness, go figure.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Article said they had 30,000 viewers during one ratings measurement....out of the entire US....then they go an bad mouth Peyton Manning...may they stay at the Motel 6 and get bed bugs.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Wonder if somebody's looking to buy their place in the various cable company lineups. I know Glenn Beck tried to buy that channel from Gore when he had it up for sale. I'm not sure if he's still interested in it or not.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Where will Almrjarrell get his news now?

The precipitous drop in oil revenues seems to have hit the owners of AlJ. with a sort of "bump in the journalistic road," no?

...but folks who like "BBC with a Turban" need not worry. I suspect the sheikhs could probably buy Reason for a fraction of the cost, reach the same number of people...and accomplish the same overall journalistic goals.

Loco179

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Good Ole Al scores again. I just have trouble thinking that anyone in their right mind would have even thought this would work. My guess is that they were paying for or buying a favor.

What would do well is another conservative network. They could buy up those cable rights, and sail right in.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    If I won the Powerball last night (NO SPOILERS PLEASE, I haven't checked results yet) I would look into buying Al Jazeera and/or the New Republic, then take them a "new direction" and watch heads explode, just for the fun of it. I'd probably hire Rush Limbaugh to do the staffing... :)

Top Bottom