• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    I wonder if the happenings in Saudi Arabia will impact this expansion. When I lived in VA there were Islamic centers popping up all over the state funded by Saudi Arabia billionaires. Many were under investigation for being fronts for terror groups. Im not anti any specific religion unless that religion is fundamentally anti US Constitution.

No facts are allowed in this thread, ISIS/Muslim good/white Christian bad ummm-kay...

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Good point. We know that ISIS does not represent Islam, as most Muslim majority nations are very forward thinking when it comes to human rights for those who happen to be gay.

What are the Muslin majority countries policies on women's and gay rights?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Thread on gay marriage: IT'S AN ABOMINATION IN THE EYES OF GOD!!!

Thread on Muslims: Well, they aren't very forward thinking on the gay issue...

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    By the way, going back a couple dozen posts, there's a chicken/egg problem.

The Muslim population in Carmel has been growing quickly in the last 10-15 years. I haven't seen stats, but I'd estimate it to be faster than the state. (Also the Chinese population, but there's probably not much overlap there.)

For the Plainfield one, it was more of a build-it-before-there's-a-need thing. The Carmel one is much more of a build-it-because-we-want-one-closer kind of thing.

There might be an incremental bump in Muslims settling in the Carmel/Zionsville area because of the ILC. But, really, I don't see it as much more of an increase than what has been the historical norm.

When St. Maria Goretti opened, I don't think it ushered in an influx of Catholics into western Hamilton County.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Homosexuality is Illegal in these countries and punishable by DEATH.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/06/13/here-are-the-10-countries-where-homosexuality-may-be-punished-by-death-2/?utm_term=.2cf4caed8834

Now, there MIGHT be a connection here but I'm not sure what it is........ etc. etc.

So, an interesting test for whether US Muslims are extremists would be how many gay people they kill.

From memory, I think Southern White hilljacks are leading that score, domestically.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    So, an interesting test for whether US Muslims are extremists would be how many gay people they kill.

From memory, I think Southern White hilljacks are leading that score, domestically.

Differentiating between the official policies of nations that many Muslims living in the U.S. left and the beliefs of actual U.S. citizens and residents who are our neighbors?

What are you trying to pull here?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Differentiating between the official policies of nations that many Muslims living the U.S. left and the beliefs of actual U.S. citizens and residents who are our neighbors?

These are not the Muslim droids you're looking for.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Differentiating between the official policies of nations that many Muslims living the U.S. left and the beliefs of actual U.S. citizens and residents who are our neighbors?

Are you insinuating that people leave countries because of oppressive and draconian laws that they don't agree with?

My friends in the Stasi would like to have a little chat with you...

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

Not really, that's a bit of hyperbole but I'll allow it.

Homosexuality is not illegal here. Sharia law is not the law of the land here. Therefore they are unable to lawfully kill someone for being gay.

Sharia law is followed in those countries that will put someone to death for being gay.
    We don't want sharia law to be implemented here on any level, I feel it is barbaric.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Are you insinuating that people leave countries because of oppressive and draconian laws that they don't agree with?

My friends in the Stasi would like to have a little chat with you...

I am insinuating that we shouldn't judge the intentions of people in the U.S. based upon the policies of countries they left. Nothing more.

Without the Islamic center, Muslims live in Carmel (NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!)- where's the trail of dead gays?

Top Bottom