• ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    The BZA meeting is open to the public, and speakers are not required to be from Carmel.

I encourage you to show up and speak your mind, to walk the walk.

When and where? It doesn't take a tough guy to speak the truth or their opinion. Lol walk the walk lmfao. Is speaking behind the safety of a desk or a microphone your idea of walking the walk?

mdmayo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Madison County
    When and where? It doesn't take a tough guy to speak the truth or their opinion. Lol walk the walk lmfao. Is speaking behind the safety of a desk or a microphone your idea of walking the walk?

Pretty sure he wants to hear what bigotry sounds like from someplace other than behind the safety of internet anonymity.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

I believe the next meeting will be February 6, at 6:00 pm at the Monon Center conference facility, but the location may change to accommodate as many speakers as possible.

And, yes. Standing up and taking a principled stand in public is part of walking the walk. One of us has done that. :)

You are far more anonymous than I am. ;)

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    It this meeting gonna be televised?

So you can?:

giphy.gif

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    It this meeting gonna be televised?
    Probably not. (Although I could be wrong.)

The BZA meetings typically aren't.

If it were held in the Carmel City Council Chambers, then the infrastructure would be there for them to do that. (Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know web streaming kits are all over the place now.)

Since it look like it'll be at the Monon Center, I'm not sure what they are geared up for.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    How tough could it be? Citizen at the meeting with a smart phone and a YouTube account?

Maybe Pariscope?

Well, you asked if it was televised. I'm not ruling out the sort of thing you mention, I'm just saying that I don't think it is planned.

The cost of that technology has come WAY down in the last few years, while the usability has greatly increased. It probably won't be long before those kinds of meetings are streamed regularly, which will be good for democracy. (Maybe even good for the community.) ;)

Oakleyanne

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2018
    Carmel
    Proposed Mosque

A COUPLE FUN FACTS:

The LAND IS ON TOP of a couple major GAS PIPELINES, the largest being a Marathon Highly Volatile Liquid pipeline. I don't understand why the ILC is so ADAMANT about buying THIS land. There is a 10 acre property for ONLY $850,000 at the corner of 146th and Shelborne. There are plans for widening 146th and adding roundabouts already in place. I also DO NOT BELIEVE that they have been searching for properties and have been denied by Carmel land owners for the last 5 years. That is AGAINST THE LAW. I'm sure their high power attorney's would be all over that if it were in fact true.

They have been deceptive as to what their ACTUAL plans are. The video they had on Youtube describes a Mosque, preschool, library, gathering space, soccer fields, basketball courts attracting people from Zionsville, Indianapolis, Fishers and Westfield if not more cities... That sounds like a lot of people...

The Coptic Church OWNED the property and informed all prospective property owners adjacent before they purchased lots.

In regards to the Greek Orthodox church... That property has much more land. This proposed mosque will take 75% of the 5 acres of land and a parking lot to accommodate 100+ cars will be in our neighbors YARD!:noway:

BTW, as an Overbrook Farms resident... I don't want ANY prayer facilities on this land or anywhere around here... This is horse country. There are 5 horse farms in a .25 mile radius around this development. VERY CONFUSED as to why a 25 slot parking lot was DENIED FOR A HORSE RIDING STABLE ON Shelborne Road RIGHT NEXT TO THIS PROPERTY...???

THE Catholic Archdiocese owned the Drees "Albany Place" property... I wonder if they were denied by the Zoning Board???

Last edited:
    Top Bottom