• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Garand41

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Trafalgar
    I opened up the forum this morning and clicked on Alamo Ammo's ad. .22 long rifles are $240/ 550 for both Winchester and Federal, What is up with this? Thye last I knew, they were about $20. I guess I'm way behind the times,:(
    I just remember when they were less than $10!

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I've just stopped buying .22s until this craziness ends. I've got enough for varmint control around the farm so I just won't plink until I can get more. If everyone just stopped buying at elevated prices they would drop like a rock.

corronade

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 31, 2013
    kokomo
    we should probubly start listing the companies that are gouging the prices.
    So far i know of
    1. cheaperthandirt
    2. alamo ammo
    anybody else?

maverick18

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Clinton County
    Sold 2 550rd bricks to coworkers that bought their first guns in the past month. Sold for $25 each. Just trying to help then out. Would probably charge $50 or so to anyone else though. Who knows when I could restock and at what price?!?:dunno:

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    $50 is a bit more than it used to be, but there is a shortage. $250 though? I don't care who you are the shortage isn't that bad! Wonder if anyone bothered to buy it?

ccolip2189

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    New Palestine
    we will all see when prices do go down and us smart guys are paying normal prices again those people will want to shoot themselves in the foot with that over priced ammo

jLr

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Add me to that list. I had some ammo way over priced a few weeks ago. But I also sold 1050 rds of .22 for $50

You mean, you made a profit??? Didn't you hear the news, the Marxists are entitled to everything you sell at the price you paid for it. Don't be a gouger, hoard your ammo and keep it out of the market, that way prices go down.

I have a book to recommend to you, authored by Karl Marx. I will get back to you on the title, it has slipped my mind.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    You mean, you made a profit??? Didn't you hear the news, the Marxists are entitled to everything you sell at the price you paid for it. Don't be a gouger, hoard your ammo and keep it out of the market, that way prices go down.

I have a book to recommend to you, authored by Karl Marx. I will get back to you on the title, it has slipped my mind.
    For many it isn't an issue of entitlement, it's that asking for these higher prices is what keeps them up. Great for the guys wanting to sell, but it just hurts the accessibility of the sport in the long run. This would all be solved if people stopped buying at those prices, but it only takes a few idiots with deep pockets to keep the market steaming ever higher.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog

Actually, no. I ended up trading with a guy.:D

corronade

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 31, 2013
    kokomo
    Im not against making money at all. What im against is "cheeper that dirt" and others,
    that have pmags at $99 where if you can find them and i have at $30 each.
    That is what im talking about.
    Companies like this need to respect their customrs.
    Unless you are all for not looking out for each other and giggle when others get ripped off.:noway:

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    we should probubly start listing the companies that are gouging the prices.
    So far i know of
    1. cheaperthandirt
    2. alamo ammo
    anybody else?

I don't know of anyone that got "ripped off". 22 caliber ammo is not a necessity like food or water. It is a "WANT", no matter what you think. As far as I know, no one is forced to buy any at the current price! It is a free society (yet). You have the right to not buy from the business that you think "took advantage". However in a free market people are allowed to price items the way they want. I like it that way - and NO I did not sell any ammo or guns for years.

I do buy when the price is what I am willing to pay. I have enough ammo and firearms that I do not, nor will I need, to purchase any until the prices go down. That will happen when the supply lines fill up and the Feds quit threatening. It has happened before and WILL happen again. It would sure save a lot of complaining if the people offended by the free market would stock up on ammo when the prices drop back to a normal price!!

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    The problem is that there are a lot of less than intellectual (read: stupid) people who will jump all over the ridiculously priced ammo. Ok, their choice to waste money, but it keeps the prices elevated for the rest of us. We aren't buying at these prices, but it is getting rather tiresome having to wait due to the panic buyers. It isn't about what the elevated price is, at least for me, it's about how long I have to wait for a not ridiculous price. As a side note I do have plenty of ammo for my firearms right now if that's your angle.

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    "Low Informationed" voters (thanks Rush Limbaugh! ...)

...also low informationed gunners and shoppers. If a gas station started selling gas @ $Ø.99 per gallon, how many of us would buy their gas? ... until they went OUT OF BUSINESS !! Prices keep my LGS in business, too. And, "F--- 'em, I GOT MINE" the USMC says. Prices will again begin to stabilize until more Gun-Ban legislation stirs the pot again. Think: because of the Clinton Gun-Ban, MORE AR-15s and similar guns are out in the hands of the public than anybody could have dreamed! It's a Gun-Banner's Night-mare! Their plans got turned up-side-down! But, "I got mine!, if that's your angle." Now there is MORE ammo out in the hands of the public gunner population that ever before.

The problem is that there are a lot of less than intellectual (read: stupid) people who will jump all over the ridiculously priced ammo. Ok, their choice to waste money, but it keeps the prices elevated for the rest of us. As a side note I do have plenty of ammo for my firearms right now if that's your angle.

Top Bottom