• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    When I step out of my front door this morning, something caught my eye. Just a few steps away from my front door, near a cable junction box, I found a fully loaded Glock .40 S&W magazine frozen into the ground. The mag is loaded with Hornady Critical Defense rounds (so someone is out at least $10 in ammo plus the price of the Glock mag).

14%2B-%2B1

Now, I live on the end of my street, right off the road on the NW side of Indy. There is a bike/walking path that goes the length of the main road my street is off of, which is only a few more steps from where I found the magazine.

It could be that one of my neighbors was CCing and lost their backup mag during a jog or walk (though if I don't miss my guess, that's a Glock 23 mag, which is a bit large for CC during a jog). The other, less concerning, theory would be that an IMPD officer managed to drop the mag at some point in the recent past... though that begs the question of what an IMPD officer was doing in my front yard. Also, does IMPD carry Glock 23s or just 22s?

I must say this concerns me a bit.

On the other hand... anyone in the market for a slightly used Glock 23 factory mag? :cool:

Last edited:

TiMMaY

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2014
    Martinsville
    I would be slightly concerned about it too. I know it has been a few months since I mowed my lawn, something like that could have been there for days, weeks or even longer.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    IIRC IMPD street officers carry a Glock 22 (.40) as a primary gun, but maybe the magazine is for a backup gun :dunno: I don't think HCD is what they are allowed to carry.

Also, just want to point out that someone has color filled the magazine... I don't know if IMPD officers are allowed to do this (I would think not.) That leads me to believe that it is not a officer's magazine.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Could be ditched evidence?
    Color fill and the use of premium defense ammo kind of move me away from this theory. Most of the people who would need to ditch evidence wouldn't be firearms savvy enough to have either of those things. It's also fully loaded so we know at least with this magazine there was probably nobody shot.

Now, if it were a hi-point magazine filled with ball ammo...

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    First things first; you don't own a Glock 23 do you?

Assuming that you don't, I'd keep it and either sell it or buy a Glock 23. Actually, just sell it. Glocks suck. :draw:

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I only own a Glock 17. I divested myself of .40 S&W and my Glock 22C many years ago. 9mm and .45 ACP are good enough for me.

Well, then I guess some CCer took a shortcut through my yard and lost their mag. Maybe a cable guy was CCing on the job? It was right in front of the junction box for the street.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I carry a 23 and critical defense .40, I would love to be your "Finders Keepers Losers Weepers" buddy anytime LMK.

PM ing you now, by the way I can ask around if any Officers here locally (FED) or (Local) are missing a mag.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    PM me your address and I will check if there were shenanigans in your area.

Reminds me of this commercial... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3-IQplwD2Y "Bamboozling" ;)

I wish I could find some nice Glock mags loaded with premium defense ammo in my yard. On a serious note it would concern me a bit, but I would also check and see if I could find more of them there.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Reminds me of this commercial... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3-IQplwD2Y "Bamboozling" ;)

I wish I could find some nice Glock mags loaded with premium defense ammo in my yard. On a serious note it would concern me a bit, but I would also check and see if I could find more of them there.

I could use a couple of extra mags for a Colt 1903 Hammerless, if anyone would care to drop them in my yard.

Top Bottom