Alaska man arrested at Fair for holding Impeach Obama sign?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Absolutely shameful! What authority do these security guards have to detain, and assault this guy? I also like how that fatbody just sits on the poor old fart for a half hour. I can't express how disgusted this video made me...
    Great find, and rep'd

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Not sure what you could legally impeach him for right now and have it even be seriously considerd......... I mean we are not talking about Clinton.....

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    I don't understand what the guy did wrong other than say "no" to a security guard. The state trooper should have arrested the security guards for assaulting an old man.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    thats what you get when you hire dumb asses to be cops. you get dumb ass results. I would have loved to see the crowd just converge and kick the crap out of the security guards.

Like when a ref makes a BAD call at a soccer game in any country other then ours and the ref ends up runing for his life.......

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    Wow. Don't talk ill of the great ruler or you'll be sat on and hauled off in cuffs. Where is the mob mentality when it would actually be of some use?

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Wonder what would have happened if the sign read "impeach Osama"?

I think the beach arse rent a Johnsons might have just shot the poor guy.

Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany
    At one point I thought the crowd was going to jump in and help the old guy, but then they backed off. Having that porker stay on him must have hurt.

I wonder why everyone's first reaction is: turn off the video camera!

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    While, on its face, it appears to be battery and criminal confinement (in IN, at least) in oppression of free speech, there are too few details to know for sure what all is at play.

It is a "Fair". Is it a county fair? The Alaska State Fair? A simple street fair?

One thing I noticed is that he kept saying "this is public access", not "this is public property". Combined with the fact that the "first responders" to the incident wore shirts that said "Security" and not "Police", would seem to indicate that this event occurred on private property, but was open to the public (YMMV).

If that is true, then a private property owner or agent would have every right to prevent undesirable uses.

Private property owners, be they individuals, corporations, etc. do have the right to restrict access to their property for any reason or no reason at all, except for statutorily exempted actors.

Even if my supposition is correct, these tools went way over the line, IMHO. The trooper (who appeared to be off duty) did nothing but legitimize the whole thing by stepping in.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Makes you wonder about the thousands upon thousands of phony assault charges that must have been successfully prosecuted back when it was just a couple of guys' word against the guy they arrested.

Top Bottom