• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhslover

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 6, 2012
    I asked a conservation officer who was patrolling lake Monroe about drinking and boating. The answer was you can drink while driving a power boat, but cannot be drunk. The same DUI penalties apply. So stay under that .08 and you're golden.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I'm not sure of the law, but surely I'm not the only one who has been canoeing down the river and "lit" at the same time?
    Can you even get enough Zima in a canoe or kayak to get “lit”? Don’t know about the “law”, but I’ve imbibed many a beer whilst paddling, dragging, lugging, a canoe through Turkey Run, Fur Fuzz never looked twice, unless someone did a gainer off a rock wall or the top of a covered bridge? YMMV

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    I remember a statistic they used when I was getting a cert for underwater recovery years ago. They said 95% of the drowning victims recovered were men with their fly open. Seems the scenario was fishing/boating, drink beer, fall in drunk while trying to stand up and pee.

Don

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Can you even get enough Zima in a canoe or kayak to get “lit”? Don’t know about the “law”, but I’ve imbibed many a beer whilst paddling, dragging, lugging, a canoe through Turkey Run, Fur Fuzz never looked twice, unless someone did a gainer off a rock wall or the top of a covered bridge? YMMV

Floating coolers, a 1000 pack of Zima, and a few bags of Jolly Ranchers. Cha-Ching!

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I remember a statistic they used when I was getting a cert for underwater recovery years ago. They said 95% of the drowning victims recovered were men with their fly open. Seems the scenario was fishing/boating, drink beer, fall in drunk while trying to stand up and pee.

Don

Obviously not Southern boys. Drunk and swimming.... easy peasy. Now if it was from someone who got bit by a water moccasin, ok. Drunk and wandering into a nest? No Bueno.

pblanc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2014
    Evansville
    Obviously not Southern boys. Drunk and swimming.... easy peasy. Now if it was from someone who got bit by a water moccasin, ok. Drunk and wandering into a nest? No Bueno.

No. This scenario actually was the number one cause of drowning deaths in Tennessee a few years back. I don't know if it still is.

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    According to our Conservation Officer on Morse, you can drink and drive your boat. Open containers for you and your passengers are allowed. Your passengers can be over the BAC limit. You can not. But understand that if you are "glassed" by an officer and you are observed drinking and driving, you run the risk of being pulled over and breathalyzed.

Top Bottom