• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Haymaker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Jennings County
    I love deer hunting period and most of my hunting is with a bow. However, when gun season opens I enjoy using firearms shotgun, muzzleloader, handgun and rifle doesnt matter! I've been known to bow hunt during gun too. I guess it just really depends on my mood at the time.

twsulli54

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Avon
    I don't know if its so much the challenge of bagging a great deer(buck or doe) with my bow rather than a gun that I love so much. There is just a factor of added gratification that comes along with it for me that I can't get with a gun. Don't get me wrong I love to gun hunt as well but there is a noticeable difference for me.

Dukshead

Marksman
    Rating - 90.5%
    19   2   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Southport
    Agreed with last post. I switched over to all bow a few year back and I love it. Don't get me wrong, I will still gun hunt if given the opportunity, but there comes an added bonus for me to be able to stick a large, mature deer that doesn't know he has walked within 30 yards of me. Something real primitive about it!!

Willob

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    For 20 years or so I bowhunted only for bucks. But as I have grown older I have come to appreciate doing things different. I am still primarily a bowhunter but I also enjoy muzzleloader and handgun.

oldschoolevo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 23, 2012
    ANDERSON
    jdubb i need to hook up with you. you are done before gun. man thats great. i have went 4 year with out here in anderson,befor my mom passed i always went down to spencer owen county and always did good. but cant seem to find anywhere good around here, if ya are looking for a partner, here i am, i would love to go next year, dont forget me

abraham743

Marksman
    Rating - 98.1%
    51   1   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    Indy SS
    You know the wonderful thing about hunting is: The bar is set by the individual and it is also adjustable LOL!
    Lol sometimes my bar adjusts daily in season. For me the ultimate satisfaction has come from building my own longbows and taking game with them. But I'm not above using gun

dave29

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jul 8, 2009
    Lawrenceburg
    I used to bowhunt exclusivsely for several years in a row. Now that I have kids, it's hard to find the time to go as often as I like, so I do use firearms quite a bit now.

Top Bottom