All Broad Ripple a Gun Free Zone Legality??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    How about this?
    If the city or shop owners can't make it safe, then shut down THE BARS.
    If THEIR PATRONS are the problem, then infringe on THEM.

I suspect that a lot of the problems happen in the parking lots with underage kids.

Hogsett vowed to have parking lots barricaded. Just just what it needs: less parking.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    BR is well on the way to becoming a ****hole that folks will not support.

Clowns think "Evolve Technologies" will solve it.... think again. That crap can be bypassed and blocked with little effort...particularly by thugs hell bent on doing so.

Helpful Tip:

If folks in the neighborhood want to preserve and protect their neighborhood, it will be up to the folks in the neighborhood.

Clowns can't do it for you.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    It would be some level of deterrent. How effective and wide spread it would be is another question, even if we were to entertain that it's "worth it" just for the sake of argument. Some people who may otherwise cause trouble may just stay home or go elsewhere, which is a win as far as BR owners are concerned. We've seen the pushing crime around effect when Circle Center started getting a lot of enforcement and attention, Castleton Square started having issues, for example.

Others may decide it's not worth the bother to carry. Others will push the envelope and attempt to smuggle guns in. Some will get caught. Others won't.

I would not begin to hazard a guess what the levels of each would be even if it were to come to fruition, and again am not arguing for this thing to take place, simply speaking in generality.

I wonder what they're going to do about street parking along the GFZ, along with the chance that someone passes through the screen, and then a friend hands them a firearm from a passing car.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    BR is well on the way to becoming a ****hole that folks will not support.

Clowns think "Evolve Technologies" will solve it.... think again. That crap can be bypassed and blocked with little effort...particularly by thugs hell bent on doing so.

Helpful Tip:

If folks in the neighborhood want to preserve and protect their neighborhood, it will be up to the folks in the neighborhood.

Clowns can't do it for you.

If someone lives within the blockaded zone, does that mean that they can't leave?

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    No, nobody thinks that. If anybody actually thought that there wouldn't be penalties attached for violating laws. Given that there are penalties, it's logical that the people who write laws understand some people will violate them and have answered the question "then what?"

Murder laws don't stop all murders. What they do is allow you to segregate murderers from society afterward or legally stop them ahead of time if possible. If murder were legal, what do you do with someone who murders? Someone who is planning to murder? Someone who is about to murder someone else? Right. The legal framework *implicitly understands people will continue to murder* but sets out the rules by which you can prevent it if possible and punish it afterward if not.

So mischaracterizing the argument in this fashion or simply assuming everyone who disagrees with you as an idiot does gun owners no favors. What they *actually* think is that you can stop people with guns from entering by turning them away or arresting them. The argument, besides the obvious pre-emption issues, is how feckless it is given how easy to bypass it will be. The hard core on either side won't care, but the middle grounders who may welcome a visit from the good idea fairy are more likely to buy reality than "Criminals don't follow the law so laws are useless" argument.

Boss Hogg claimed several times that the problem was LEGAL gun owners. I don't have the stats to back it up, but I suspect that the vast majority of criminal use of guns a due to prohibited users (felons, underage kids, etc.).

By claiming the legal gun owners are the problem we are fighting a propaganda smear campaign.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Meyor said he doesn't want guns, chief said he doesn't want constitution carry, assistant chief said he thinks constitutional rights shouldn't be permanent. These are your city leaders. So I'm not surprised.

Political appointees. I.E. - toadies

It's what results if you're more concerned with political agendas than upholding the Constitution.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    o property owned or controlled in any capacity by the people, including through their servants in government, should be gun free; excepting a jail or prison. Period.

Those who believe in the Constitutions need to put Mr. Irsay's carve out at jeopardy.

Again, NO head of law enforcement should be appointed. Let's get that through the next Legislature.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    In the news briefing following two killed and two wounded, Boss Hogsett declared he would permanently make all of Broad Ripple a "Gun Free Zone". That includes the streets, sidewalks, public parking. Everything. The entire village. Complete with body scanners like one finds at court buildings and airports. To be enforced by armed IMPD. Has he not read NYSRPA v Bruen yet?
    Hold on, need to stretch out first.

1687779775379.png

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I don't have the stats to back it up, but I suspect that the vast majority of criminal use of guns a due to prohibited users (felons, underage kids, etc.).
    I don't have stats either but based on personal experience, it seems about 50/50. Legal but were too lazy to apply for a LTCH before. Now they are doing stupid things with guns.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    this is the new thing the dems do. Knowingly pass unconstitutional laws and hope nobody fights it.

Hell, Biden did it with immigration. (Paraphrased) “yes, I know my order is unconstitutional. But if it gives us 3 weeks of what I want before the court strikes it down, we at least got what we wanted for 3 weeks. “

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Guy is up next on hammer and Nigel for Monday Gunday. Should be interesting after Nigel just stated it's irresponsible for BR clubs to not be wanding... :xmad:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    this is the new thing the dems do. Knowingly pass unconstitutional laws and hope nobody fights it.

Hell, Biden did it with immigration. (Paraphrased) “yes, I know my order is unconstitutional. But if it gives us 3 weeks of what I want before the court strikes it down, we at least got what we wanted for 3 weeks. “

Sadly, it works. Just look what has happened with other bat :poop: crazy stuff, that is now "law" after years of the libs speaking of it, (while we just laugh)?

The states have been very successful with stuff such as "legalizing" illegal drugs, looser and looser voting rules and illegal alien "immunity".

We should be concerned about our capital city dictator. Very concerned. He might just get away with it?

:xmad:

Top Bottom