• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    I picked up a 1943 Winchester about 20 odd years ago for $250. Stock had been refinished and it has an adjustable rear sight so it was an arsenal rebuild, no import marks that I remember, would have to go double check it to be certain. I picked it up as a lightweight "patrol carbine" back when AR15's were much more expensive. Still makes a good lightweight carbine for wife or kids since I have a decent amount of ammo and magazines stuck back for it. It is still fun to take to the range on occasion, but has been replaced by several AR-15's for anything other than recreational purposes now.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yep the old ones bring big cash and only go up in value. Everyone wants one. I wouldn't waste time looking for one. If you want one to shoot there are new repop ones out there. I want to say Kahr or auto ordnance makes them. They shoot good and look the same. I remember a police department traded a bunch in at a shop. They sat there forever and couldn't give them away. With the low price of the AR rifle right now...........stack em up
    The heart wants what the heart wants. Saying "get an AR" when he wants an M1 carbine is like saying "Get a Glock" when someone is looking for a vintage S&W revolver. One of these things is not like the other. ;)

Gunsmiff12B

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 13, 2016
    South bend
    Thanks everyone for all the responses, I guess I will have to keep looking, it’s the whole right place at the right time that seems to be getting me, but if I keep looking, It seems I just might possibly get lucky in the next year or so

SNAFU-M1A

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2009
    Morgan Co
    I don’t think I’ve ever seen an M1 carbine for sale in a fun store in Indy. I wish they were but they are definitely a right place at the right time kind of thing. I was lucky to get mine from the CMP when they released the Italian returns.

Top Bottom