• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    A big thank you from me to buckstopshere for his loyalty and dedication for helping out a fellow INGO member and needless to say for also supporting the INGO advertisers. :yesway:

THANK YOU! ! ! !!

Not only helping out a fellow ingo member, but since i was stuck at the firehouse looking up these knives he came by and let me drool all over it otherwise who knows when i would have been able to put my hands on one.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    In the various threads asking for knife suggestions, I am curious why there is never any love for the fallknivens? I have been eyeballing any number of F1s.

They are made out of laminated steel and made in Sweden. That is all I really know about them. I do not have any customers asking for them.
    I do sell Mora knives which are Sweden made and are very good knives.
    Not sure about the laminating process.

Although I really have no experience with Fallknivens, I do know that they have a good reputation for being an excellent knife. If you go to the bigger forums (Knifeforums & Bladeforums) they do have a following and most people speak highly of them. It might be a regional thing, with no following in this area.

As far as laminated steel goes, it is one of the oldest forms of creating a blade, dating back centuries..... mostly known for the use in samurai and katana style blades. It is done by layering different types of steel in a pattern so as to allow the blade to have both rigid properties in its cutting edge, but still maintain either a soft or springy back or sides for absorbing shock.

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN

I honestly do not know what to think of that review. For a few of those tests, he would have been as well off to have wrapped leather around one end of a mower blade and saved his money. Maybe the Fallkniven's harder/brittle blade is best utilized/realized in the 3.9" blade of the F1 and the tasks associated with that sized knife. Orrrr, maybe that is why they do not get much love...

Hemingway

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indiana
    In the various threads asking for knife suggestions, I am curious why there is never any love for the fallknivens? I have been eyeballing any number of F1s.

I know why. Because the Fallkniven owners are all out deep in the woods actually using their knives. They aren't on the forums :)

I did a course one time where a guy had one of those. It was the first time I'd ever held one. It was awesome. Perfect size, balance and design for wilderness work. And the spine is completely squared off and will spark a ferro rod. At the time, I was having to use the blade edge for mine, which was ok, but of course, it rolls the edge pretty good and required clean-up at the end of the week.

Fallkniven knives are the real deal. Maybe they're not made out of 3/4" thick super secret special unobtanium steel designed by science fiction writers, but they are great knives.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Dangit. I've always wanted a tomahawk, and someone brought one into the equation!

Brad/Sheila, what do you guys have as far as hawks?

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Right now in stock I only have a Cold Steel hawk but I can order almost anything so if you have a preference let me know so I can see if I can get it.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    The Junglas is an awesome knife. It's built like a tank and chops like an axe. That said, I have to agree with what Hemingway said on the first page. My bigger, more cumbersome blades spend time sitting, while the smaller stuff is worked hard. My ESEE Junglas, 5, and 6 are in relatively good shape, while my 3, 4, and machete have had the **** beat out of them. The machete has lived on the floor board of my Jeep for for a couple of years, and has seen a lot of action. I've chopped down trees, used it as a shovel, treated it like a pry bar, etc..... My 3 has spent most of it's life strapped to the side of my uniform boot, or stashed in my pocket. I've hear a lot of people say "A big knife can do anything a small one can do, but not vice versa". Try stuffing a 10" blade in the front pocket of your jeans, or inside your waistband, strapped to your boot, hung from your neck, etc.... :D If your wanting to do some lighter hiking / camping, you might consider getting a 3 or 4, and stashing a tomahawk head or machete to the side of your pack for really heavy task.

Top Bottom