Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    A little ( and well connected) birdie told me this about 2 months ago.

If it's true, at least we'll have a good option.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I think it would be tough for him to get through the primaries though. IIRC he told everyone to get over the social stuff, call a truce for now and concentrate on the fiscal mess. I agree that is probably needed right now. But that will likely kill him with several special interest groups that have a lot of power in the the GOP primaries.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    Yeah guys... Let's go with Mitch...

Seriously, if we want this country back, we're going to need to put some average no-nothin in office... A person the Media hates. A person who wont cave to PCism.

A person who loves America's foundation/heritage, and will go Andrew Jackson on the NeoCons and Liberal/communist.

Mitch DOES NOT fit that bill, atleast IMO.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Maybe so, but with nominal unemployment at 9+% and real unemployment at somewhere north of 20%, my gut says most people are going to vote their wallet.

Mitch is a pretty popular guy. Even when Dear Leader took IN, and a rough year across the board for Republicans, he managed a resounding 18 point win.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT

Seriously, if we want this country back, we're going to need to put some average no-nothin in office... A person the Media hates. A person who wont cave to PCism.

A person who loves America's foundation/heritage, and will go Andrew Jackson on the NeoCons and Liberal/communist.

We need someone that is so über-American, they have German sig lines! :laugh:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville

That candidate doesn't get elected. Let's face it: popularity has been the mainstay of American politics since good ol' George took his oath.

And just to play the devil's advocate: if Mitch isn't good enough for you, name me a real, identifiable candidate with the name recognition to garner the votes. I don't mind shooting down legitimate names for legitimate reasons--even if I don't agree with them--but you don't get to do so without putting forward a replacement solution.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    There just aren't a lot Republicans without some serious baggage.
    Romney... the mormon thing, being on whichever side of abortion he needs to be on for his audience.
    huckabee... comes across as a bit of a rube, plus he seems to have too much of the compassionate conservative thing that W had that we grew to hate.
    Palin... whether she is a dim bulb or not doesn't matter any more, too many people believe it.
    Newt... the whole leave your wife while she has cancer never plays well with the public. Nor does having a mistress while impeaching the President for having one.
    Thompson... women will never vote for an old guy with a young trophy wife.

We need some fresh faces rather than the old retreads.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Romney... the mormon thing, being on whichever side of abortion he needs to be on for his audience.
    huckabee... comes across as a bit of a rube, plus he seems to have too much of the compassionate conservative thing that W had that we grew to hate.
    Palin... whether she is a dim bulb or not doesn't matter any more, too many people believe it.
    Newt... the whole leave your wife while she has cancer never plays well with the public. Nor does having a mistress while impeaching the President for having one.

On the national scene, Mitch Daniels would actually be a fresh face.

The problem with most of the members of the GOP is that while they may talk like fiscal conservatives today, most of them were big spenders just a few years ago. Mitch is one of the few who has actually tackled a budget and done a reasonable job of taming it.

Again, not saying he is perfect, not saying he is my man, but on the national scene I don't see any of the big name GOP leaders as good choices. Daniels may become a leader by simple default.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Mitch is one of the few governors who cut back state government by forcing the various departments (or what ever name they go by) to cut back on spending and tighten their budgets. He at least gives the appearance of wanting a limited government, which right now is just the opposite of Washington DC and what is driving the current anti-incumbent climate.

Now if the news media would only give him a chance.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    We need someone that is so über-American, they have German sig lines! :laugh:

That is so cute... uber-American...German... :laugh::laugh::laugh: just like the whole 'voting wallet' thing.

Sounds more like "I vote red" syndrom. Nevermind, both Parties are essentially doing the same crap. So go ahead, vote wallet. Im just biding my time until this boat sinks.

That candidate doesn't get elected. Let's face it: popularity has been the mainstay of American politics since good ol' George took his oath.

Popularity is an issue, not saying it shouldnt be. But come on, Last election, McCain was joked about, and perhaps not wrong, but the media gave Obama a free ticket, and paid ZERO attention to any other cannidate, and one of them being Ron Paul, just saying.

And I also believe America was alot smarter on the issues, and the parties did what they said they would, unlike today.

And just to play the devil's advocate: if Mitch isn't good enough for you, name me a real, identifiable candidate with the name recognition to garner the votes. I don't mind shooting down legitimate names for legitimate reasons--even if I don't agree with them--but you don't get to do so without putting forward a replacement solution.

Unfortunately, I cannot mention his name, due to forum rules, which would undoubtedly leave me with infractions, and would cause another crusade to demonize me. Nevermind the issues, but attacking the individual.

But here is his platform, IF he does run for 2012 Presidency, He is a Tea Partier. He said he would only run, if it is appearant that he can infact win.

1). America First. Bring all troops home from foriegn wars, concentrate on problems here. No more foreign agendas influencing American policy - American Interest first. Redeploy Troops on Mexican/American border.

2). Stop Immigration. The cost the invasion is causing is straining American Citizens

3). Stop International Criminal Banks - No more welfare for the rich (Not the same as successful business men and women, but organizations like Goldman Sachs and others who have robbed this Nation blind - Foxes guarding the chicken coup, while they sit in control of American fiscal policy.

Editted in:
    Abolished Privately owned Fed Reserve Bank, replace with President Andrew Jacksons National Bank

WATCH NHV's DYNASTY BANK VIDEO THREAD HERE FOR WHY THIS MUST BE DONE

4). Fair trade - Not Free trade. A protectionist agenda at heart. Keep jobs here in America. Placin tariffs on products which unfairly compete with American products. Stop Outsourcing.

5). Equal rights for all, special priviledges for NONE. No more hiring based on skin, gender,creed, religion, but on Merit alone.

6). Abolish income tax, And the IRS and establish a flat tax

7). Change campeign Finance Law: Outlaw PACs and special interest.

8). Break up of media conglomerates. Create free broadcasting, creative media, movies and tv programs which reflect the values of America and not sicko degenerates, not blood, drug, sex and alchohol. The chance to promote Honor, courage, health/fitness and a National purpose.

9). Repeal Patriot Act, allow more freedom in every aspect of daily American life.

10). Work to ELECT Federal Judges, rather than appoint, and set term limits, rather than life sentences.

INGO SOURCE THREAD

That is what I want^ All of it. And this is what America NEEDS someone like him.

The Mormon thing doesnt bother me, personally. Would I vote for him? NO.

Hucka-who? That News guy on Fox, sounds like Jerry Springer? Yeah right, brother. :laugh:

One word brother. Idiot. I wanted to know what dictionary.com had to say about her, and that was her definition. Mommy bears.... Geeezzz I wouldnt want to be a bear in Alaska, when they do they're fly-by's.

:laugh:

:D

Fresh face? We just need an American, not these joker politicians

Field King

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    he is no boy scout, he will paint the truth to get elected (I am afraid this is necessary) but he seems to be a fiscal conservative that this country needs! I do not think he can raise the funds or get the national GOP behind him!

Top Bottom