Parke County
    1888755_622835391123036_242295418_n.jpg

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    That is a VERY good question! The answer is (to paraphrase the very apt line from Orwell's Animal House): "All rights are equal, but some right are more equal than others."

Look, you're just a stupid unwashed redneck (same as me) and he's a important Ivy League (Columbia) educated attorney. He's forgotten more about the US Constitution that you'll EVER know!!

But I'd sure like to see someone file a constitutional case using the very arguments that the leftist-elites use to defend their "pet" causes. Of course the SCOTUS is infiltrated with this same "modern" thinking so they can not really be counted on any longer either.

The best bet is to VOTE THESE IDIOTS OUT OF OFFICE!

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    Because if it did not require an ID the seller has no way of knowing if you are prohibited from owning a firearm by law. Voting is a right too but everyone here seems to be for showing an ID at the polls. Strange isn't it?

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    Oddly, many of the same reasons that disqualify you from owning a firearm also disqualify you from voting. It's that sorry old double standard! We can require IDs to vote because that disenfranchises (a fancy word for denies them their rights) but we don't give a darn if someone is disenfranchised from purchasing a firearm.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    Oddly, many of the same reasons that disqualify you from owning a firearm also disqualify you from voting. It's that sorry old double standard! We can require IDs to vote because that disenfranchises (a fancy word for denies them their rights) but we don't give a darn if someone is disenfranchised from purchasing a firearm.

You don't give a darn if it was okay to sell guns to the mentally incompetent, convicted felons, and violent offenders?

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Exactly. If you have to show ID to prevent felons from getting guns, you should have to provide ID to prevent felons from voting. Either ID for both or ID for neither.

I believe if you're too dangerous to own a firearm you are too dangerous to be in the general population.

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    You don't give a darn if it was okay to sell guns to the mentally incompetent, convicted felons, and violent offenders?

Did I say that? I think you've been listening to too many NBC News interviews where they retort with "questions" like this.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    The comparison is not valid. The issue with ID for voting is to prevent people voting more than once, or in the wrong district. Ideally this would not be necessary. Things have strayed ever farther from ideal. Only the PSH antis object to someone buying multiple firearms, even from different gun stores. However, placing these firearms in the hands of people who have already established themselves a danger to themselves or others is far more likely to cause harm. One vote by an incompetent person will be basically harmless.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    Did I say that? I think you've been listening to too many NBC News interviews where they retort with "questions" like this.

Apologies. Wasn't sure what you were trying to say. It is a right, however, I am fine with that right being revoked if you are a danger to yourself or others. One thing I will say though, not sure if it's right to deny all felons who have served their time. If it was a forcible felony then yes, no guns for you. If it was something non-violent in every aspect then I can see an argument there.

Top Bottom