• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    Wrote that last post in the gander mt. parking lot lol. PSE kingfisher #40 with the cajun archery basic kit with 2 arrows and the tub style reel. Also came with the snap shot arrow rest. Paid $150 for it all. seems like a good deal the cajun kit is $30 the rest is $45 so it is a sub $100 bow that shoots pretty good.

couple questions..... anyone mount a flash light to their bow for fishing? and can you shoot regular arrows through the snap shot

Instead of a flashlight on a bow, try a headlamp.

As far as shooting regular arrows.:dunno:

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I wear glasses and no matter how i wear a head lamp i get a reflection off of the back of them that blinds me....it sucks. I shot it about 30 times with regular arrows and it seemed to shoot fine time wull tell though. I read several reviews about this being weak and slow but i am getting pass threws out of 6" of blue foam insulation which my dads #55. recurve wont do. I am really liking it so far. Hopefully i will stick some fish pretty soon.

shinkle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    johnson county
    Left on vacation yesterday. In Springfield, MO today. Going to bass pro shops later today. And definitely going 15 minutes south to nixa to visit black widow bows. I think that visit could cost me a little. Almost looking forward to going there over bass pro shops.

shinkle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    johnson county
    back from Missouri and my visit from black widow. had a great time visiting with roger and toby. roger walked my wife and I through their work area and gave us an awesome tour. each worker stopped to talk with us. not only to explain the process they were doing but to help me with my final selection. I've owned numerous widows and I always told my wife my next one would be only when I could go there and pick out my exact wood. I know it doesn't make a big difference in performance but it really adds to the personality that bow will acquire. anyone that shoots traditional bows understands what I am saying. kind of like an old side-lock muzzleloader. it just has to be my friend to be my hunting companion. now the wait starts for my new PSA 62" 47# in black and white ebony.

missouri046_zps7678dfec.jpg

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    That thing is gonna look SWEET!

Did you go with the red line in the riser or do the new "delete" ?

I personally like the red, since all three of my TD's in greybark had it. Current BW is an all black metal risered boat anchor, but I still love the feel of the grip and the way they load the limbs.

Hand healing finally, can't shoot much, but was able to try some tonight, and even shoot a decent group at 20 yds.

shinkle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    johnson county
    I actually went with the all black fiber glass. no red or white. my last bw longbow was tiger myrtle with extra red stripes in handle. decided to change it up this time. I went with the low-asbell grip too.

rcam1977

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    chillin in my hammoc
    Does anyone know of an archery range near downtown Indy? I just moved and have been looking for something relatively close.

about 30 minutes or so west of Indy there is a archery club called Pine Hill, very awsome place to shoot and the members are very friendly and the price is well worth admission for what you get. if you are still looking, probably the best deal near Indy.

injb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 17, 2014
    Indiana
    I'm looking to get into archery...can anyone recommend a store in the Indianapolis area that has some recurve bows in stock that I can look at? I've been to several branches of Gander Mtn and Dick's but none of them stock recurve bows. Thanks!

ISP 5353

Master
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    Putnam County
    I'm looking to get into archery...can anyone recommend a store in the Indianapolis area that has some recurve bows in stock that I can look at? I've been to several branches of Gander Mtn and Dick's but none of them stock recurve bows. Thanks!

Look at 3 Rivers website. They are close to Ft. Wayne, but they are a huge traditional shop! Great people to deal with too.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    injb gander has kingfishers they said they would take them out of the box if i wanted to see/ hold it.

Can anybody tell me how the spine on carbon arrows works? I am think about getting some carbons to play with the ones i used in the past were given to me and just happened to work but i dont remember the spine.

trailrider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    GREENSBURG
    peep sight verifier

Anyone else using these? I was having ALOT of trouble focusing on my pins the last few years. Got to where I didnt want to practice because of the strain on my eyes. Tried using reading glasses which made the target blurry. Turns out theres a big market for visually challenged bowhunters. Kind of a pricey setup. $75 for everything but well worth it. just got mine put on today and shot a couple dozen arrows. Wonderful! I can see my pins instead of Blurry dots. Highly recommend. Products are a little confusing and come in a variety of magnification. Should've done this a few years ago.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    injb gander has kingfishers they said they would take them out of the box if i wanted to see/ hold it.

Can anybody tell me how the spine on carbon arrows works? I am think about getting some carbons to play with the ones i used in the past were given to me and just happened to work but i dont remember the spine.

I think carbon spine charts pretty crappy.
    Prefer Goldtip due to their internal weight system to adjust spine.
    Gotta watch it though, as you add collars to the insert you reduce the amount of shaft that can flex......at some point hitting the wall.
    Solution then (if needing more than two 50 gr collars) is to ditch the stock aluminum insert and go with brass. You're up almost 90 grains in the same length.

I must suck though, as the 10 gr collars and arrow changes of .5" don't show crap.

Current bow is cut past center, 60#@28" (drawn 28) and non fast flite string. I run 55/75 GT's 30" long with 100gr brass insert and 125gr tip. I did have to put a little shim under my Velcro sideplate for a point of tangent, and to help dial in the spine.

Carbons may require a slightly higher nock point. Quiver on a bow may also require nock point adj, and depending on where it's placed about the bow's vertical axis can affect tune/spine. Slightly back to the shooter IMHO is best.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    Well I got lucky I went to walmart and grabbed three allen eliminator carbon arrows for $3 each and some 100gr field points. Came home stuck a plastic flipper rest on the kingfisher and on the first 3 shots i got about a 1.25-1.5" group at 20 yards. Wish i knew the spine on them but all it says #45-70 and im shooting them out of a #40.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    Any body have any reconmendations for a decent arm guard. I can shoot all 4 of my bows without one but my dads bow beats the crap out of my boney wrists.i have a couple leather ones and an allen one made from some kind of foam none of them work very good with dads bow.

Top Bottom