• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield
    Edit post...because I am an idiot......

It has been years since I have visited Kahn's Carmel store, did they shut it down when they remodeled the "old" new one on Keystone? Been to the "old" one a couple of times since, but haven't been to Carmel so I wasn't sure. (Seems like I would have visited there more often considering the convenient location.)

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    I don't drink very often, but I spent the weekend in a hotel in WI and I was having a terrible time getting to sleep. I decided to go for the mild sedative. I went to the gas station and came back with 2 cans of Hurricane Hi Gravity Lager. One for Saturday night and one for Sunday. It actually didn't taste too bad and it did the trick.

200px-HurricaneNewCan.JPG

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Night now, I'm enjoying a left-overs variety pack of Stone IPA, Bell's Kalamazoo Stout, Bell's Amber, Honeymoon and Oaked Arrogant Bastard Ale(the most expensive 6-pack I have ever bought, but also one of the best).

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Night now, I'm enjoying a left-overs variety pack of Stone IPA, Bell's Kalamazoo Stout, Bell's Amber, Honeymoon and Oaked Arrogant Bastard Ale(the most expensive 6-pack I have ever bought, but also one of the best).

Two of my favorites, Greg Koch from Stone makes some great brews. Their Russian Imperial Stout is awesome also, as well as Old Guardian. Ruination IPA is another outstanding offering from Stone. They make some great stuff.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Edit post...because I am an idiot......

It has been years since I have visited Kahn's Carmel store, did they shut it down when they remodeled the "old" new one on Keystone? Been to the "old" one a couple of times since, but haven't been to Carmel so I wasn't sure. (Seems like I would have visited there more often considering the convenient location.)

I don't know what's going on with what was the Kahn's store there on Carmel Dr. East of Keystone, but it's now called "Vine and Table", and I haven't been there in nearly two years. I've noticed the different sign out front driving by though. Judging by the website, it appears to be the same ownership, at least the same beer selection.

Beer Selection at Vine & Table gourmet market

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    LOL, I just looked at my last post and I said "night now..." Which reads like I've had a few more than a six pack.:laugh:

Sorry mod(s), I guess I should have considered that word following 'Arrogant' was offensive; if it comes up again I'll make sure to change it.

Two of my favorites, Greg Koch from Stone makes some great brews. Their Russian Imperial Stout is awesome also, as well as Old Guardian. Ruination IPA is another outstanding offering from Stone. They make some great stuff.

Stone is hit or miss for me, they have a handful of beers that are amazing (RIS and Ruination included), but their brewery as a whole doesn't impress me that much.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Sorry mod(s), I guess I should have considered that word following 'Arrogant' was offensive; if it comes up again I'll make sure to change it.

*sigh* It's not. It's all context. We tried to have a blurry line so that we'd have lots of discretion, but unfortunately, a small minority of members couldn't control themselves and kept trying to find ways to use profanity and "get away with it". We don't have time to babysit every single word, so your post ended up as collateral damage from the new profanity filter. :rolleyes:

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    How many microbreweries/restaurants are there in Indiana? What are some of your favorites and what are their best beers.
    After the Tea party we went to Rock Bottom and had dinner. We sampled a few beers and I decided on the Raccoon Red. I would like to find more places like this.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    How many microbreweries/restaurants are there in Indiana? What are some of your favorites and what are their best beers.
    After the Tea party we went to Rock Bottom and had dinner. We sampled a few beers and I decided on the Raccoon Red. I would like to find more places like this.

Upland has a brewpub in Bloomington that has amazing beer and food!

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    My brother-in-law frequented a restaurant called The Ram in Noblesville with in house brews. They have a hefeweizen, IPA, pale ale, blonde ale, amber ale, and a porter. The Ram Restaurant & Brewery

Granite City is a nice place with locations in Ft. Wayne, Mishiwaka, and Carmel. They offer a light lager, stout, bock, a mixture of their bock and lager (name Two Pull), an IPA, a light wheat, and a seasonal brew that rotates with the seasons. Granite City Food & Brewery :: Home Page

And I just found a list of other brewery/restaurants: Indiana Breweries - Find a Brewery in Indiana - UpTake

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I like Ram, but their food is a little pricey. Good beer, though. They do a nice sampler if you want to try several types.

home brew girl

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Granite City

Just a little clairification on Granite City:

They are a "chain" based out of Iowa. So they truck in their "wort", not yet fermented beer with no carbonation. So the actual retaurants are really only fermenting the beer. We like to refer to it as a "Fermentary".

Don't get me wrong, we LOVE Granite City, we have a 5 gallon keg of the blueberry in our kegerator at home, but it truely isn't a local brewpub like you would imagine.

Munchie Emporium in Fort Wayne is our only local brewpub with TONS on tap to sample! The beer is Mad Anthony's. Try the pale, good stuff! Very laid back atmosphere and not uppity at all...

Cheers! :40oz:
    Carrie

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    For some great locally brewed Belgian style beers, visit Brugge Brasserie...

Brugge Brasserie

I believe they have moved most (if not all) brewing opperations out of their Broadripple restaurant to a facility in Fort Wayne. This is my wife and my favorite place to eat (aside from Mama Carollas... not a great beer place)

Anyhow... check this out if in the Broadripple area!

When Brugge is too backed up (sometimes the wait can get pretty freakin long), we go to the Broadripple Brew Pub (which brews their beers on site)... There is almost always a bunch of people standing around outside, so it looks like there will be a long wait, but I think this is just because the bar area is so small. I don't think I've ever had to wait for a table. The Brew Pub has great beers for the hop lover.

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    I used to be a major micro-brew junkie. I relished the 100+IBU offerings from stone and the headless motor-oil stouts from Three Floyd's. Those have their place, but daily drinking isn't it.

These days I've calmed down quite a bit. My common drinker is Old Style Light. Sometimes I will settle for Bud Light.

Other favorites are:
    ----
    * Strohs
    * Old Style
    * 312 Urban wheat Ale
    * Hobgoblin
    * Black-Sun stout

Top Bottom