• ...and so much more!
  • cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    We don't get trick-or-treaters anymore. I see them going through the neighborhood behind me, but our street has gotten too busy, and with no sidewalks, that's pretty much killed the trick-or-treating. Oh I'll still buy some candy... for me. :):

don’t forget the after Halloween sales when they’re blowing that stuff out cheap!

We used to be like Rhino when it came to Halloween... with rugrats of our own theres nowhere to hide now. And yeah I’ll admit it. I pig out on Halloween candy too. Here are the best and worst according to Forbes:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/marciaturner/2017/10/30/top-10-best-and-worst-halloween-candies/

Last edited:

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    don’t forget the after Halloween sales when they’re blowing that stuff out cheap!

We used to be like Rhino when it came to Halloween... with rugrats of our own theres nowhere to hide now. And yeah I’ll admit it. I pig out on Halloween candy too. Here are the best and worst according to Forbes:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/marciaturner/2017/10/30/top-10-best-and-worst-halloween-candies/

Those lists are fake news, bottlecaps and lemonheads should definitely come before skittles.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Not exactly halloween related but. . . . . read it online the other day; if you ever build a deck or rebuild one go to your local store and pick up a fake plastic skeleton. Partially bury it under the deck area and leave it. In 20 years or so when the next property owner has to replace the deck they'll find the partially buried full skeleton. Use your imagination for what happens next!:rockwoot:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

I haven't been able to eat the candy (and have not) since November of 2003. So that may be part of why I am so grumpy about Halloween!

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Being on a busy road and not in a neighborhood, we never have any "visitors."

I will be patient and wait for the sales. I usually store up chocolate bunnies after Easter, but I ate all those already. Time to restock.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Being on a busy road and not in a neighborhood, we never have any "visitors."

I will be patient and wait for the sales. I usually store up chocolate bunnies after Easter, but I ate all those already. Time to restock.

I don't care much for straight chocolate. Gotta have peanuts or peanut butter (ie. Reeses) to go with it. Although I have heard of chocolate covered bacon which intrigues me, but I haven't seen any in the wild. I always look for the clearance sales after Halloween, but it seems like all I ever find are Smarties and other stuff I don't like. :( All the Reeses, Snickers and Nutrageous (I think they've been re-branded now) bars are gone. :tantrum:

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    My twins had their Halloween party at my wife’s workplace last evening. Thanks to everyone at the facility, Boone County Sheriff’s, and Lebanon Police and Fire Departments for coming out and making my kids’ day!

Attachments

• 2D852C9F-6A36-454C-A6B7-68F86785DECC.jpeg
      2D852C9F-6A36-454C-A6B7-68F86785DECC.jpeg
      65.7 KB · Views: 9

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    I don't care much for straight chocolate. Gotta have peanuts or peanut butter (ie. Reeses) to go with it. Although I have heard of chocolate covered bacon which intrigues me, but I haven't seen any in the wild. I always look for the clearance sales after Halloween, but it seems like all I ever find are Smarties and other stuff I don't like. :( All the Reeses, Snickers and Nutrageous (I think they've been re-branded now) bars are gone. :tantrum:

Chocolate covered bacon is pretty much the best thing ever. Its not hard to do, and I make it several times a year.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    A guy I used to work with, he and his other 2 brothers would rake leaves up in rows on either side of the sidewalk. And then lay down under them. And scare the be-Jesus out of the trick or treaters. A lot of easy obtained candy was enjoyed by all. I'm sure some of those kids have issues still today. These guys didn't give a :poop: about anything.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    A guy I used to work with, he and his other 2 brothers would rake leaves up in rows on either side of the sidewalk. And then lay down under them. And scare the be-Jesus out of the trick or treaters. A lot of easy obtained candy was enjoyed by all. I'm sure some of those kids have issues still today. These guys didn't give a :poop: about anything.

You have to admire their dedication to their craft.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I have to say that I miss living in base housing in my USAF days if for no other reason, Halloween. You talk about MOBS of kids since it was a very safe area. GIs who lived off base brought their kids on base for trick or treat because it was a very low speed limit (usually 15 MPH) and the people in base housing are GIs. It didn't matter if it was Florida, Iceland, or Virginia, it was always a great time.

Oh, if you're on Tapp Road in B-Town, my son who lives on the 4th floor and is giving out full-size candy bars to any trick or treater who climbs the stairs.

Lt Scott 14

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 18, 2018
    Porter County
    I use to take my kiddos trick or treating. Had to inspect all their bring home stuff. We live in a subdivision and get 100-up Treators. Only couple hours and over quickly. Shut off lights and my kiddos are now in mid 20's. They go to bar parties, wish they would take me along! Lol. Enjoy.
    Suppose to rain/snow maybe?

Top Bottom