• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    That is all. Cant wait for the first hard frost...

And dont get me started that either Target's generic drug manufacturer is clueless, or sometime this summer Sudafed PE changed. Been taking Sudafed PE for the last decade or so because its one of the only effective drugs for me. Wife grabbed a box of theirs while she was out today. Immediately after breaking the seal I noticed 1/2 of the ingredients are missing from this version of PE. :xmad:

GlockRock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Mine are terrible this year. I had my normal kenalog shot, take Allegra and do the Nasonex nose spray and I'm still suffering.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have always been able to tell when the nasty's were in the air but never really suffered from them.
    This year has been a different story. Sinus issues to the point of severe headaches.
    I am one of those people that can not do the medications for allergy's or conngestion. They tear me up.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    You have to get the stuff from the Pharmacy. The PE ingredient is useless
    Works wonderful for me. :dunno: Now that I am back home I have my stash of it and all is (somewhat) right with the world (or at least with my sinues). Have to go to the store later today and check for myself to see if it was changed or just that one brand. Wife didnt check ingredients, only the name of the product.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Breathing fine, but a 2 week above normal headache had me pretty well fried.
    Yesterday it dropped 50%, got a few hrs of uninterrupted sleep.
    Feel a lot better today, so took the fam out for lunch..................and whamo, sinuses went south.
    Something is wicked out there today.
    So sittin' in the AC..............looking out the window at all the trimming that needs done, that aint gonna happen :)

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    I have always been able to tell when the nasty's were in the air but never really suffered from them.
    This year has been a different story. Sinus issues to the point of severe headaches.
    I am one of those people that can not do the medications for allergy's or conngestion. They tear me up.
    i've had good luck with a neti pot. i can do the sudafed/nasal spray route for a while, but i start to get nosebleeds (ponaris helps a lot for this, btw). once you find a comfortable water temp and salt level, it's not too bad.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Update: I made the trek to Walmart. Apparently the stuff ive been using has been rebranded. Sudafed PE Allergy and Sinus is now what I need. Straight "PE" stuff is now a single drug pill. Panic averted.

Labor Day week/weekend ALWAYS sucks for allergies...

Yep! Like clockwork, around the weekend before they would start. It really sucked because for about 10 years I would tent camp over labor day weekend. I was a hot mess in my tent. It got EXTRA interesting because I was spending the weekend at a skydiving convention. (my tent was pitched in the grass between a runway and taxiway) LOTS of nasal sprays and stuff to make sure I didnt blow out a sinus on the way up or down. I sat out quite a few jumps because my sinuses were just a wee bit too congested for comfort.

I don't have allergies, but I've heard from some friends that do, that taking local honey worked for alot of them. Check it out.

Yep. And for anyone playing the home game, it MUST be RAW honey. You need what is filtered out in the purification of the pretty stuff they put on the shelf for it to be truly effective. Hunter's Honey Farm is awesome for those of us in central Indiana.

i've had good luck with a neti pot. i can do the sudafed/nasal spray route for a while, but i start to get nosebleeds (ponaris helps a lot for this, btw). once you find a comfortable water temp and salt level, it's not too bad.

+1 for a neti pot. For my ceramic pot its a heaping 1/4tsp. It works WONDERS. Still no substitute for drugs.

woodwalker

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Brownstown
    My allergy concoction, is Nasonex spray and Singular at night and Zyrtec and Allegra in the morning and Patanol eye drops twice a day. This keeps them in check for the most part. I wish ragweed could be eliminated from the earth

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    I forgot to take my Allegra-D yesterday, and I'm paying for it this morning. I get hit in the spring and right around Labor Day. This year is worse than its been in a long time.

Indycar:v1.1

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Not close enuf to the track
    Ever since H.S. I've taken Actifed. When it was taken off the market, I searched for a few years for something that worked for me. By happenstance I was in a Walgreens and spoke to the Pharmacist. He said Walact was a generic version of the old Actifed. I tried it and have been using it for years. It's the only thing out there that relieves the sinus pressure, irritated swollen eyes and drainage.

Top Bottom