• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tranders

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Clinton County
    I'm in central Indiana not too far from Lafayette. I can't seem to find any Alliant powders locally. Lots of Hodgdon,which I like,but wanting to try some Bullseye and Unique.

Any leads would be appreciated.

Thanks!

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    I'm in central Indiana not too far from Lafayette. I can't seem to find any Alliant powders locally. Lots of Hodgdon,which I like,but wanting to try some Bullseye and Unique.

Thanks!

They have been hard to find for a while. Last time I was down to see the guys at Bobcat they had some. You may want to contact them.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Not close to you, but I picked up some Bullseye at the Atterbury Shooting Complex a few weeks ago. They had a good selection of powders. Bobcat is a good source as well.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Unique is a good powder, it does seem to have extra carbon in it so you will find yourself cleaning the filth off of you weapons and hands and face and...

Love Bullseye though.

I haven't found these around either. I bought a bunch a while back though so I don't need it. There are places online to get it and you can find places waiving any HazMat charges a a part of a sale now and then...

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Unique is a good powder, it does seem to have extra carbon in it so you will find yourself cleaning the filth off of you weapons and hands and face and...

Love Bullseye though.

I haven't found these around either. I bought a bunch a while back though so I don't need it. There are places online to get it and you can find places waiving any HazMat charges a a part of a sale now and then...

This right here, but it does work well in my 44 mags. i use it for plinking rounds.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette

Thanks!

There is a gun show at the Tippecanoe County fairgrounds on Teal Rd on Oct 22nd & 23rd.
    The last few shows have had a wide selection of powders, and at decent prices.
    I'm sure I saw Unique at the last show.
    I think I saw Bullseye as well, but maybe not.

Worth the price of admission to find out ($5)

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    If you ever get to the eastern part of central Indiana, Delaware county, we might be able to work something out for both powders.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I saw a lot of Bullseye and Unique at the latest Louisville gun show. I also saw some at the Bass Pro in Clarksville, so it's out there.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I have been handloading for 15 years and have never seen anything but Hodgdon, Win, and a few IMR powders on any store shelf. Live in NW Indiana.

I did find a random can of Unique at a show in IL. I burned it up in revolver rounds. Won't be searching any more. It was flaming dirt although there is a ton of data out there for it. May be good to keep a pound around just because.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    In Laws and Outlaws near Gas City has had Unique and Bullseye randomly. I just keep checking LGS regularly

Yeah, Miles told me he would have some the next day. When I went to get it, he did not have it. I was not surprised. The other LGS I frequent has been having trouble keeping Unique in stock as well. They had Blue Dot, Red Dot and several others, but no Unique.

jgressley2003

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    Miami County
    Might be too far of a drive for you, but Sand Burr in Rochester typically keeps Alliant powders. Last time I was in Fort Wayne, Gander Mtn had a good selection of Alliant stuff so maybe the one in Lafayette might also?

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    I switched from Unique to Universal a couple of years ago. No real issues with the Unique other than the dirtiness as others have mentioned. Not trying to convince the OP to change, just throwing the option out there. Powders may start becoming scarce soon, so I wouldn't be too picking, but that's just my 2 cents. Hopefully I'm wrong.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany

Thanks!
    BE-86 is touted to be a good substitute for Bullseye. I see that Midway has some in stock.

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    We've gotten some Unique and Bullseye in, but it always goes fast. We do have Power Pistol (1# and 4#) and BE-86 (1# and 8#) in stock as of now.

jstory

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2015
    Wabash
    Yeah, Miles told me he would have some the next day. When I went to get it, he did not have it. I was not surprised. The other LGS I frequent has been having trouble keeping Unique in stock as well. They had Blue Dot, Red Dot and several others, but no Unique.

When your at Inlaws and Outlaws, check out McDonalds. He is only about 6 miles away and has a good selection. I think he had some the last time I was there.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Dunno how many of you would find it useful to go to the east central part of the state, but one place that has a massive selection of powders (rifle and handgun/shotgun), along with tons of other reloading equipment and components, is Matt's Custom Guns out in the country near Connersville.
    I bought a canister of the new IMR 4955 and another of AA#9, each for $24.95, a fair price, especially taking into account the hazmat fees.
    On top of that, it's a mom and pop outfit, basically a pole barn, with his house 100 yards across the driveway from it.
    There's something extra cool about that last bit.

2old2bfast

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2014
    Columbus
    Indiana Gun Club on the north east side of Indy is a good source for powder.
    Housing additions keep building around a shotgun range and then complain about the guns and noise!
    That's like building on the beach and complaining about the water!

Top Bottom