• ...and so much more!
  • MinuteManMike

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Lawrence, IN
    I never used to believe in suing people, but the older I get the more I believe in it.
    It seems to me the only way people learn lessons is when you get in their pocket book.
    Similar to the lesson the NFL is now learning.

Except the cops don't care. Doesn't come out of THEIR pockets!

So the people get screwed when the cops do dumb arrests and rely on crappy methods AND the people get screwed again when they pay via taxes for the settlements.

Hoosierkav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    South of Indianapolis
    Krispy Kreme. The glazed donut God would eat. If it hung from the Tree of Knowledge, we never would have been kicked out of Eden.

Are you trolling for a thread hijack? :):

When I was young, Dunkin Donuts was king (before Starbucks ruined coffee for all of us).
    Longs is pretty good (chocolate cake with chocolate icing (which can't be confused for meth)).
    Jacks is #1 now, though there is a killer place up around Lebanon that I'd love to get back to...

KK... meh. Kroger brand is just as good.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

When I was young, Dunkin Donuts was king (before Starbucks ruined coffee for all of us).
    Longs is pretty good (chocolate cake with chocolate icing (which can't be confused for meth)).
    Jacks is #1 now, though there is a killer place up around Lebanon that I'd love to get back to...

They might get you for black tar heroin though... :):

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana

In Central Indiana, Jack's is now my favorite. Followed by Long's. Krispy Kreme is OK. KK is still WAY better than Dunkin Donuts, IMO.

However - those of you near Evansville have the secret Donut Treasure. Windmill Bakery Donuts are as spectacular as they are large. They're much better than Donut Bank (But Donut Bank acolytes are a loyal bunch and refuse to believe there might be other donuts extant)

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I'd never had a field testing kit give me a false positive.... but you gotta follow the damn instructions for them to be reliable.

That's surprising, since I've seen reports that these field tests will result in up to a 30% false positive rate (even higher in some cases).

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ntified-as-contraband/?utm_term=.ddb0378bd17e

https://www.chromatographytoday.com...ld-drug-test-units-give-false-positives/39814

https://www.forensicmag.com/article...ests-confuse-candy-meth-cause-serious-concern

So either you haven't had to do a lot of those, you've only had to do it on things that are extremely obviously drugs, or you've just been really lucky.

long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon
    That's surprising, since I've seen reports that these field tests will result in up to a 30% false positive rate (even higher in some cases).

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ntified-as-contraband/?utm_term=.ddb0378bd17e

https://www.chromatographytoday.com...ld-drug-test-units-give-false-positives/39814

https://www.forensicmag.com/article...ests-confuse-candy-meth-cause-serious-concern

So either you haven't had to do a lot of those, you've only had to do it on things that are extremely obviously drugs, or you've just been really lucky.

Don't forget about the lab that wasn't testing stuff, but said it was drugs anyway.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    many law abiding citizens say, "sure, go ahead and search the car, I'm a good guy." Then it bites them in the arse because of incidents such as this.

Because I buy and drive used cars I will never consent to a search. I have no idea what is tucked in nooks and crannies that I have not searched out, and what residue is left behind by the previous owners.

Having worked in a shop, yea I've found a few "goodies" and had to work on a few absolutely disgusting cars. Most potentially troublesome was while doing interior work, pull the center console, several joints tumble down to the carpet from underneath.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    In Central Indiana, Jack's is now my favorite. Followed by Long's. Krispy Kreme is OK. KK is still WAY better than Dunkin Donuts, IMO.

However - those of you near Evansville have the secret Donut Treasure. Windmill Bakery Donuts are as spectacular as they are large. They're much better than Donut Bank (But Donut Bank acolytes are a loyal bunch and refuse to believe there might be other donuts extant)

blasphemy!!!!! you are hereby barred entry to Vanderburgh county!.....everyone in Evansville knows that donut bank blueberry cake donuts are the best! and the cream filled long johns are a close second! (we have a regular down at the gun shop who stops there every Saturday and picks up an small box, and he buys some crullers, he bought them specially for one customer (who passed away recently), so their (donut bank) crullers hold a special place in my heart)

but i'll give you this, their quality isn't what it used to be, they now cook all their items at 1 store(diamond avenue) and truck them to the other stores.

my dad was a city employee (street department), and one time I asked him who had the best donuts in town, his reply was "depends on the kind" franklin st bakery has the best bear claw, donut bank had the best cake donuts, and golden glaze had the best glazed....I just muttered "my tax dollars at work" (this was a few years ago, and golden glaze and franklin st bakery are closed!)

if I had rep to give, id give you negative rep! windmill better than donut bank (shootersix said mumbling under his breath)

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    If any of you find yourselves in Clarksville, go to Williams bakery, then rethink your "best donut" list. Only thing I've had that was even close was square donut in Terre Haute, and while really good, it was only similar to Williams.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    blasphemy!!!!! you are hereby barred entry to Vanderburgh county!.....everyone in Evansville knows that donut bank blueberry cake donuts are the best! and the cream filled long johns are a close second! (we have a regular down at the gun shop who stops there every Saturday and picks up an small box, and he buys some crullers, he bought them specially for one customer (who passed away recently), so their (donut bank) crullers hold a special place in my heart)

but i'll give you this, their quality isn't what it used to be, they now cook all their items at 1 store(diamond avenue) and truck them to the other stores.

my dad was a city employee (street department), and one time I asked him who had the best donuts in town, his reply was "depends on the kind" franklin st bakery has the best bear claw, donut bank had the best cake donuts, and golden glaze had the best glazed....I just muttered "my tax dollars at work" (this was a few years ago, and golden glaze and franklin st bakery are closed!)

if I had rep to give, id give you negative rep! windmill better than donut bank (shootersix said mumbling under his breath)

:rofl:

I'm a big fan, in general, of blueberry cake doughnuts. Both from KK and Jack's. I admit it's been way too long since I've partaken of a DB blueberry cake. But, in general - my opinion is that Windmill long johns from the bakery at the Circle K gas station there on 41 by the airport... Are WAY better than Donut Bank varieties. I think it's the icing. Lots and lots of icing.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Glazed yeast donuts, Krispy Kreme or other, suck- air, stickiness and diabetes.

Cake donuts with cinnamon/sugar- better....possibly worth the diabetes. Not that I eat any of these anymore, but I remember.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009

I'm a big fan, in general, of blueberry cake doughnuts. Both from KK and Jack's. I admit it's been way too long since I've partaken of a DB blueberry cake. But, in general - my opinion is that Windmill long johns from the bakery at the Circle K gas station there on 41 by the airport... Are WAY better than Donut Bank varieties. I think it's the icing. Lots and lots of icing.

make you a deal, next time you're in Evansville on a Saturday morning, you stop by windmill and pick up 2 cream filled long johns, and i'll pick up 2 donut bank blueberry cake donuts, and we can eat them at the gunshop while trying to figure out who's are the best! (I might be persuaded to pick up a dozen chocolate cake donut holes to sweeten the pot!)

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    make you a deal, next time you're in Evansville on a Saturday morning, you stop by windmill and pick up 2 cream filled long johns, and i'll pick up 2 donut bank blueberry cake donuts, and we can eat them at the gunshop while trying to figure out who's are the best! (I might be persuaded to pick up a dozen chocolate cake donut holes to sweeten the pot!)

Man, if I'm ever in Evansville overnight again... And overnight that includes a Weekend - You're on!

The way our work schedules are broken down now, though, all we do are day-trips to that area. Makes for a long day and a lot of saddle time, but there just isn't enough work to justify a hotel stay.

I had a good time when I was in Evansville. Wouldn't trade my time at West Side High for anything. Go Eagles!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Glazed yeast donuts, Krispy Kreme or other, suck- air, stickiness and diabetes.

Cake donuts with cinnamon/sugar- better....possibly worth the diabetes. Not that I eat any of these anymore, but I remember.
    Cinnamon actually helps regulate blood sugar I think, so those are healthy! Kind of like the way a diet Coke cancels out the calories in a Big Mac. :yesway:

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009

guess what, a coworker brought in donut bank donuts View attachment 60315 ...... and in the box was a

View attachment 60317

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    That looks great!

I was all set to stop at Jack's Douhnuts in Greenwood this AM on the way to work. Then I got word that the traffic situation on Indy's south-side was royally FUBAR'd due to a horrific accident. Which meant that I had to abandon my primary and secondary routes to work and suffer at the hands of The Google. Which took me away from Jack's. :(

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    That looks great!

I was all set to stop at Jack's Douhnuts in Greenwood this AM on the way to work. Then I got word that the traffic situation on Indy's south-side was royally FUBAR'd due to a horrific accident. Which meant that I had to abandon my primary and secondary routes to work and suffer at the hands of The Google. Which took me away from Jack's. :(

it looked great, and tasted better!

Top Bottom