• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • repair

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    I just wanted to share an experiance I had the other day......... We had a guy come to pick up his bike and he almost left in a body bag.

We close at 5pm on Fridays so this guy shows up at 4:45 and starts going on about how he hates the fairing that we installed for him, never mind that he picked it out and looked at it when it can in.

We told him that we would push his bike into the shop untill he decided what he wanted us to do. He got on his bike and took his key so that we couldn't move it. Next he started saying that he wasn't paying for it and that we were going to give him his bike now. Then one of the owners came out and tried to talk to him but he didn't want to hear about a solution......as it escalted he took it to the next level.

He told a friend that was with him to go get his gun out of his truck, he was going to be going back to the pen.....at this point I took 2 steps back pulled my 380 out of my pocket and chambered a round and put it 1/2 way back into my front pocket with my hand firmly gripping it with my finger alongside the trigger.

By the look on his friends face you could see that he was through with his buddies game....shortly after this happened IMPD showed up, I told them that I was armed and they asked where it was and I told them in my pocket and that I had my permit in my billfold, they didn't disarm me and turned their attention to the man.

In the end the man did not have the money to pay for the work we had done and he had to call someone to come and pay for the bike.

BTW I was not the only armed employee there.

I will nip this in the bud....at work I carry my .380LCP in my front pocket without a round in the chamber because when I'm working around the bikes there are too many things to snag the trigger on and a holster make it stick out like a sore thumb.

Just thought that I would share........

Last edited:

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    Glad everything worked out well for you but now after seeing this situation it should make you think about your holster system.

What if he had the gun on him and pulled it out? Would you have had time to chamber a round with a gun in your face and adrenaline pumping? You make want to change carry methods. I know they make small enough pocket holsters to fit in the back pocket. Maybe a small IWB carried at 4 oclock. Both of those options shouldnt be able to be snag by anything!

Just a thought for you.

CX1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    Vigo Co.
    Glad everything worked out well for you but now after seeing this situation it should make you think about your holster system.

What if he had the gun on him and pulled it out? Would you have had time to chamber a round with a gun in your face and adrenaline pumping? You make want to change carry methods. I know they make small enough pocket holsters to fit in the back pocket. Maybe a small IWB carried at 4 oclock. Both of those options shouldnt be able to be snag by anything!

Just a thought for you.
    Or maybe just bigger pants so pocket carry with a slim holster would work.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Did the police check if he had a gun in his car?
    Did he get in trouble for that (maybe carrying a handgun without a LTCH and the threat of getting his gun)?

repair

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Did the police check if he had a gun in his car?
    Did he get in trouble for that (maybe carrying a handgun without a LTCH and the threat of getting his gun)?

They did not check, even after I insisted they didn't and before I could protest again the guy started acting up so their attention turned to him.

In the end I'm sure that he has bullied people to get his way in the past and I'm sure he that didn't expect my responce to his threat.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Glad everything turned out ok.. and hopefully the guy doesn't come back.

However..if he had a gun and was "going back to the pen"... then did the cops find a gun? Obviously if he was a big gangsta felon, then he should be serving some more time....

Did the police check out to see if he was legal?

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    You handled that well. The only thing better would have been the other employees that 'carry' should have followed suit. He might have had to change his pants then.:rolleyes:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    They did not check, even after I insisted they didn't and before I could protest again the guy started acting up so their attention turned to him.

In the end I'm sure that he has bullied people to get his way in the past and I'm sure he that didn't expect my responce to his threat.

You didn't press charges against him? :dunno:

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So DB goes to pick up his bike with no money to pay for it and claims he hates the work done on it?

That's just plain stupid. I almost wish that DB harm for the sake of being a DB. You know damn well he's going to try to get something for nothing from someone else.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Good job. But I'm glad the buddy saw that the game was up. What if the idiot had pushed it and said something like, "You gonna shoot me, big man?" It's a good thing that nut cases are required to have a sane buddy with them at all times in public.

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I'm glad you didn't have to shoot him, but it sounds like he'd have it coming.

So DB goes to pick up his bike with no money to pay for it and claims he hates the work done on it?

That's just plain stupid. I almost wish that DB harm for the sake of being a DB. You know damn well he's going to try to get something for nothing from someone else.

He's probably the same kind of guy that rides with a bandana and no helmet... it'll come around.

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    I just wanted to share an experiance I had the other day......... We had a guy come to pick up his bike and he almost left in a body bag.

We close at 5pm on Fridays so this guy shows up at 4:45 and starts going on about how he hates the fairing that we installed for him, never mind that he picked it out and looked at it when it can in.

We told him that we would push his bike into the shop untill he decided what he wanted us to do. He got on his bike and took his key so that we couldn't move it. Next he started saying that he wasn't paying for it and that we were going to give him his bike now. Then one of the owners came out and tried to talk to him but he didn't want to hear about a solution......as it escalted he took it to the next level.

He told a friend that was with him to go get his gun out of his truck, he was going to be going back to the pen.....at this point I took 2 steps back pulled my 380 out of my pocket and chambered a round and put it 1/2 way back into my front pocket with my hand firmly gripping it with my finger alongside the trigger.

By the look on his friends face you could see that he was through with his buddies game....shortly after this happened IMPD showed up, I told them that I was armed and they asked where it was and I told them in my pocket and that I had my permit in my billfold, they didn't disarm me and turned their attention to the man.

In the end the man did not have the money to pay for the work we had done and he had to call someone to come and pay for the bike.

BTW I was not the only armed employee there.

I will nip this in the bud....at work I carry my .380LCP in my front pocket without a round in the chamber because when I'm working around the bikes there are too many things to snag the trigger on and a holster make it stick out like a sore thumb.

Just thought that I would share........

In the proper holster, it will not stick out like a sore thumb. My LCP doesn't. Desantis Nemisis works great. Glad it turned out well.

rotortech

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Indianapolis
    You did this very well. One good lesson for us all - according to Ayoob and others, the person who calls 911 is automatically the victim in the eyes of the law. Always make sure you make the call first before the DB does.

Top Bottom