• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NDguido

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    Nappnee, Indiana
    My wife was at the out with her mom while I was mowing the yard. I came in to take a little break, and started to get that little light headed, tunnel vision you sometimes get when a good sweat just starts to break. Just then, I heard the car door slam in the garage and saw a figure in a green shirt run in front of my living room windows. I wasn't carrying, and didn't really give a thought to grabbing my XD. I threw open the storm door with my left hand, keeping it between myself and what I thought was the BG, while cocking my right fist for a hay-maker. To my surprise, my now wide-eyed wife had decided to play a little scare the husband trick on me. :D

It's nice to know that after 20 years of marriage, my wife can still surprise me.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    I learned my lesson on that subject thirty seven years ago.
    I parked the car in the alley late one night and snuck up to the back door to "surprise" my Wife.
    When I got inside she handed me the .45 Combat Commander and told me she damn near shot me.
    That's what I get for trying to "get the sneak" on a Native American. :rolleyes:
    Mike

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    My uncle tried to surprise my Grandmother, by rattling the door knob,
    she asked who it was, and he rattled the door knob, again, she put a round, in the wood, over the door, he said, d--it, don't shoot, it's me ...

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    My brother and his fiancee were actually just telling us tonight that they played a game where they scared each other for two weeks. I turned to my husband and said there was no way that game would work in our house...someone is getting drawn on if that happened in our house!

Cat-Herder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2009
    Fortville
    yeah, me and the wife aren't playing when it comes to that stuff. there are way too many real-life close calls around here in Indy for that. my close friends have come up with special knocks because they know we answer the door armed.

Rich.Carpenter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    Fishers
    WAAAAY to twitchy, folks. That's the kind of thing that keeps people freaked out about guns. No amount of training or conditioning should produce a violent response before the threat can even be positively identified.

No offense, but I'd suggest working on threat recognition. We own guns for protection against imminent threat, not against fear or surprise. We have a responsibility to prevent that sort of tragedy.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I read a story, in a gun magazine, several years ago, the daughter, went to spend the night, with a girl friend, and she decided to play a trick on 'daddy'. This girl knew her dad owned guns, and knew he would defend himself, and family. She snuck in to the house, and hid in a closet, making noise, on purpose. Dad opened the door, and bang, one dead daughter. The man sold that particular gun, but kept all the others.
    Still believes in self defense. Just could not understand why she would 'play a game like that'. Some pretty serious stuff.....

Ryninger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Newburgh
    When my wife and I first bought our house many moon ago, we both worked nights. We moved into a very friendly neighborhood. It was and still is accepted that if your garage door is up, come on over! Well it wasn't too uncommon for us to go to bed and leave ours up. One of our neighbors would get home at 3 am, if he saw it was open he would run in hit the buttn and run out... Very much appreciated!

At a cookout a couple of months of living there, said neighbor was there and we started joking about us leaving our door up. He joked and said that he had thought about sneaking in the house to jokingly mess with us. He stopped laughing when he saw the color disappear from my wifes face. Confused he asked "What?" I informed him that, it would be a joke he would only be able to pull once. He looked at my wife and she nodded with a serious look about her, she'd be just as likely to respond as I. :draw:

Wife and I got better about leaving the door up, but if it did happen... We would always get a call from him saying it was him and he was closing our door for us! lol :laugh:

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    When I was 16, my girlfriend was out to dinner with her parents. I got dropped off by a friend, and I just let myself in to their house like I always did, and was sitting in their living room watching TV in the dark. When they came home, I was greeted to the business end of a 1911. I about soiled my shorts. He was a Vietnam Vet, and always slept with his .45 under his pillow. He was a bit jumpy.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    people need to relax. take some medication if your that wigged out. jumpy people freak me out. they are almost always the ones who make the stupid mistakes and kill their own family and friends on "accident"

Bucky623

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I read a story, in a gun magazine, several years ago, the daughter, went to spend the night, with a girl friend, and she decided to play a trick on 'daddy'. This girl knew her dad owned guns, and knew he would defend himself, and family. She snuck in to the house, and hid in a closet, making noise, on purpose. Dad opened the door, and bang, one dead daughter. The man sold that particular gun, but kept all the others.
    Still believes in self defense. Just could not understand why she would 'play a game like that'. Some pretty serious stuff.....
    I remember reading that too. I think she was 14. When she jumped out and yelled to scare her Dad, she got a .357 in the chest. The last thing she said was “I’m sorry Daddy”.

~Bucky~

Top Bottom