• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yukon227

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 15, 2011
    Henry County
    Here she is, buying ammo tomorrow and shooting tomorrow afternoon. I'm ready to see what it'll do!!!
    IMAG0670.jpg

IMAG0673.jpg

IMAG0672.jpg

IMAG0674.jpg

IMAG0675.jpg

IMAG0676.jpg

Last edited:

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    I believe that those are 60s era civilian m1 carbines built with as much military surplus as was available at the time.
    I have a Universal brand which falls into the same category. I think that both companies started producing proprietary parts as the supply of USGI parts dried up. That means that the older ones are more likely to be identical to the USGI versions and have parts that interchange with them. I'm no expert though, so take this with a grain of salt.
    Oh, by the way, my Universal works great, but has several of those proprietary (and rare) parts.

Hk91_son

Plinker
    Rating - 97.9%
    46   1   0
    Oct 26, 2011
    Richmond
    Alpine

Did you get a chance to fire yet? I fired the Draco a couple times tonight and it did well. If you hear of anyone looking for .308 AR platform I am looking to trade that bnib dpms oracle. Looking for glocks or whatever. Let me know.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I have one that my dad bought at K MART! after he got out of the army in the 1950's. Don't remember the manufacturer at the moment, but Inland rings a bell. Very fun to shoot. Very accurate.

Yukon227

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 15, 2011
    Henry County
    Pics are up!!
    I read a lot about this manufacturer online, they used mostly surplus parts and were made in the 60's. The barrels were cut down and re-chambered 03-A3 barrels, in the bottom pic you can see the cut in the barrel where it was turned down on a lathe to taper toward the muzzle. There is a lot of history here and from my understanding this is a good way to get into a carbine at a cheaper price. This is the old advertisement from the Nov and Dec 1960 issues of The American Rifleman. They sold every rifle in stock from these ads. Following this they only sold wholesale.
    alpinead.gif

Yukon227

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 15, 2011
    Henry County
    I had a few minutes tonight so I went out back and put 2 or 3 mags through it from about 50 yards. This thing is SWEET!! I'm going to have to get more ammo and get it zeroed and see what it will do at about 150. I was impressed with this little gun, little thing barely moves at all, hardly any muzzle flip. I can see this one quickly rising towards the top of my favorite list.:D

tbone

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2011
    gosport area
    great looking gun i think i may have to get one,sounds like a good little shooter and if ya could find an ols ruger blackhawk in 39carbine.well what a sweet setup that would be.the ruger has lite recoil to boot.have fun

Top Bottom