• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • INGunLover

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Whats an alternative to a P3AT but still keeping the same small size pocket rocket? My buddy has a P3AT, and it always has had several FTF causing me to not trust it at all. I want a gun like this but is more reliable as this gun will be carried with me "always" unlike my G27 which can't always tag along ;). I thought about a 357 snub but this is to big IMO. I want to stick with .380 cal or bigger, no .32 or smallers.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    What kind of FTF, failure to chamber the first round when pulling the slide? Gotta slingshot it fast or it will FTF. Other than not snapping it hard enough myself, I haven't had FTF while shooting.

INGunLover

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    FTF when shooting, the slide get stuck back like it does if racking it by hand. It has a fluff and buff and I don't limp wrist it. Besides that even if this gun problems could be fixed I still don't trust it. I am not going to carry a gun I don't trust so it out of the picture.

G36 is way to big for what I want. I would go with a .357 snub if I wanted that size.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    If you liked the form factor of the P-3AT, then you will love the Ruger LCP. It is what the Kel-Tec should have been. Mine eats anything I feed it.

This is my constant companion, even when I carry larger.
    mylcpin1.jpg

INGunLover

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    The 3AT does not have a slide lock. Sounds like we are talking about two different guns. :dunno:

Good luck to you!!! :thumbsup:
    :cheers:

How does racking the slide have to do with a slide lock? I was referring to if you pull the slide back it will have a FTF unless you snap it to allow enough force to push the bullet up. I don't see how this has anything to do with a slide lock. And I am talking about a P3AT, And I know it doesn't have a slide lock thanks.

See also:

What kind of FTF, failure to chamber the first round when pulling the slide? Gotta slingshot it fast or it will FTF. Other than not snapping it hard enough myself, I haven't had FTF while shooting.

However, it does the same thing while firing.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    How does racking the slide have to do with a slide lock? I was referring to if you pull the slide back it will have a FTF unless you snap it to allow enough force to push the bullet up. I don't see how this has anything to do with a slide lock. And I am talking about a P3AT, And I know it doesn't have a slide lock thanks.

See also:

However, it does the same thing while firing.

Ahhhh.... I got 'ya. OK then. :yesway:

Again...... Good Luck to 'ya!!! :rockwoot:

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Heheheheheee...... yeah, KelTec really dropped the ball when they didn't rip-off another gun manufacturer's design that had to be recalled immediately after it was released due to a possibly fatal flaw!!! :laugh: :lmfao::p

All right. Let's get down to the brass tacks here:

Rip-Off:
    There is not a handgun manufacturer who has not borrowed or out-right copied technical and aesthetic designs from other manufacturers. Do you think that all those 1911 manufacturers just happened on the same design as the original by John Moses Browning? Were you aware that even Glock ripped off Sig Sauer in their 1st generation pistol trigger mechanism. Or, the latest Sig Sauer P238 is a Xerox copy of the Colt Pony? Oh... How about all of the Walther PPK clones out there? How did that happen? If Kel-Tec had anything that could be patented in their design, they would have done it.

The Recall:
    It amazes me that a company that does the right thing without government intervention gets a black eye for it. The hammer mechanism that was the issue of the recall is being fixed for free at great expense to Ruger. The part that you gloss over is that Earlier P-3AT's have the exact same design flaw. Kel-Tec has modified their P-3AT to address this same issue by making an in-production change. The difference is that Ruger is recalling all of the guns because they consider it a safety issue, while Kel-Tec simply made a running change and isn’t offering to fix any of the guns already on the street. Niether Kel-Tec nor Ruger has had anyone injured or killed by their "fatally-flawed" original designs, but only one company handled the issue properly.

If you are going to hold up Ruger to this kind of myopic scrutiny, then you should probably be equally critical of every other firearm manufacturer.

I could throw up some silly emoticons to emphasize my point, but I'd rather do it with facts.

BIG TIM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fountaintown
    If a .380 will do it, then a couple of good ones are Bersa Thunder .380 or Walther PPK/S. Both are definately heavier but in my eyes, much more durable in the long run. I would not hesitate to fire several hundred rounds through either. Another nice lite pistol is the S+W 642 that weighs about 14 ounces and is very compact for a revolver.

Top Bottom