• ...and so much more!
  • red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    General plinking, Id use them.
    But, I would shoot what you carry some too. To make sure your gun functions with it and that it hits where you aim.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I love shooting Al cases better than steel, actually. My fingertip testing seems that the Al is "slicker".

If it'll feed, fire, and extract - then have at it!

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    If you were to carry aluminum cased ammo there MIGHT be an issue with corrosion with the dissimilar metals (aluminum and steel) not interacting well, but for practice, I think the aluminum cased ammo is great for lower cost practice. I've used it in the past with no problems.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    In my last training class I used blazer 9mm aluminum cased, and ran into issues with the gun topped off in my M&P9C.
    Any of the brass ammo (wwb, federal, blazer brass, etc) doesn't do this.
    if I run with 11+1 the aluminum ran fine. 12+1 and it had issues about every 4th string of fire. :dunno:

Mustang1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2015
    Westfield
    I've heard some people talk about steel and aluminum cases being harder on some gun parts, I think ejector and extractor not sure about anything else. Could just be internet rumor or maybe it's a small enough issue that most people still won't run enough rounds through their guns to have it actually result in being a problem. Either way, personally I only use brass case ammo but I'm not that high volume of a shooter right now. I would like to get into reloading but haven't taken that leap yet. If I was shooting a lot of ammo for competition etc I might consider it, but I'd prefer to get into reloading first if I had the choice.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Some guns don't like it and there's no way of knowing if it works well for you unless try it.. I've used quite a bit of it in a 1911 and Glocks without issue. [FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT]
    Glock Armorer-M&P Armorer
    NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] /[/FONT][FONT=&amp] RSO[/FONT]

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I have shot quite a bit of Blazer aluminum case ammo for casual use, like taking someone out to learn to shoot where I didn't worry about picking up brass. I never have left it in the pistol or magazines. Never had trouble.

Last edited:

poppy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2012
    South of Indy
    My wife and I have shot several boxes of federal 9mm aluminum in our glocks and have not had that first failure to fire, failure to feed or failure to eject. Hell, for practice ammo, the price is right.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    For 9mm I have a hard time not buying the Perfecta brass ammo instead. Around the same price at Walmart and it's reloadable brass, for those who reload.

LongRangeBushy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2011
    Wabash County
    Just have to watch aluminum. I taught a Illinois Ccw class this weekend it was 6 degrees 3 guns had issues with the aluminum cases /lubrication .. But under normal conditions it's cheap practice ammo. For what it's worth

Top Bottom