• ...and so much more!
  • Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Shoot it if your gun likes it. My SR9 hates aluminum cases. Shot a magazine worth and then gave it away. Wouldn't extract correctly.

My 1911 shoots it fine.YMMV.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    The one next to gander?

Yep, that's the one. I bought 6 boxes the last time I was in, due to the great price. They usually seem to have a decent stock as well, though the guy working the counter said one customer he knows will buy out the entire stock whenever he comes in.

PaulKersey

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 16, 2012
    Evansville
    I have seen good results with the Federal champion ammo - no duds, decent power, no misfeeds. However, like others have said, I have heard enough negative rumors about aluminum that if I can find brass ammo for a slightly higher amount, I will pay the difference for the known commodity.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Fine for target use.

I would buy brass since they are the same price then sell the cases to recoup some cost.

If you don't care shoot away.

I keep some steel and aluminum around when shooting at farm ground or in the snow when I don't want to chase my brass.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Where can you buy good quality brass 9mm for $9.95 for 50 rounds?

I have no problem buying the aluminum (and I have been buying it, as I recently consolidated calibers and sold off a good bit of .40 and am buying more 9mm, while prices are good), but you can buy good, low price brass 9mm at many places currently, including:

Ammunition Online at Factory Direct Prices | Freedom Munitions | Handgun Ammo & Rifle Ammo

There are several other places running Blazer Brass and other brands at that sub $10 range a box, but you just have to watch the shipping costs

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    I have no problem buying the aluminum (and I have been buying it, as I recently consolidated calibers and sold off a good bit of .40 and am buying more 9mm, while prices are good), but you can buy good, low price brass 9mm at many places currently, including:

Ammunition Online at Factory Direct Prices | Freedom Munitions | Handgun Ammo & Rifle Ammo

There are several other places running Blazer Brass and other brands at that sub $10 range a box, but you just have to watch the shipping costs

Have you bought from that site? Looks like the only decent prices are if you buy a large quantity in remanufactured ammo.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Where can you buy good quality brass 9mm for $9.95 for 50 rounds?

Never go into a store and pay retail. Go in with someone and by bulk. I have seen Blazer Brass at shows for that price. Also Cabelas has done some good sales. Got to search it out and talk it up.

Aluminum used to be cheaper. No real reason to shoot it now. Handload and you could probably get it down to four dollars a box.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Have you bought from that site? Looks like the only decent prices are if you buy a large quantity in remanufactured ammo.

Yes, I have purchased and shot the 9mm new ammo. I have not purchased their remanufactured. They have free shipping currently and 5% off and 10% off deals currently, and regularly run 5% off deals throughout the year. Freedommunitions is good to go.

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    We have brass cased 9mm in stock. Been on sale since last week for $190/1000. That works out to $9.50/50...and you get to support a local business.

Plus we can load the brass back up at a discount when you bring us your brass.

Top Bottom