• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Interestingly enough I did just that after coming home from voting. I was mildly surprised to have a OT 300 more rds of .45acp then I thought. Still want more.

lstout

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 16, 2016
    NW Indy
    I started doing this last night and I realized I need more cans. Especially now that I'm taking up reloading I've got a feeling I'm going to need a bunch more can. Does anyone have a hookup on inexpensive cans?

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Tape and a sharpie for me as well. Wish I had the problem of having to organize my ammo. Mine gets shot up and then I have to fill them back up again. Never have enough. The more I make the more I can go shooting.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I keep mine stacked by caliber in a large cabinet. I shoot and reload more 9mm than anything so those go in sealed cans. For all others, I keep old ammo boxes (labeled correctly) and put reloads in them.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Most of my ammo is in an amorphous state, it could become a lot of different cartridges.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I have a lot of ammo I've been sitting on in case we go through a shortage.
    I've got ridden of some guns and don't need some of the ammo I have.
    Some of it is ammo I tried for accuracy that didn't work out. Some of it my guns didn't like much.
    I don't run short on ammo and I keep a running count as I shoot/trade/sell/BUY more ammo.
    Inventory count should always be updated.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    I'm thinking of dumping all my ammo on the floor and doing a snow angel kind of thing. Is this wrong? My daughter says it is bad bad bad cause we would need to sort it later... But man that would be cool

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Thanks for the reminder! :)
    Though I've been dreading it for some time now... I usually go through and clean/organize/inventory the closet and safe each winter since I'm stuck indoors due to the cold.

Except I wind up having to organize & clean during the summer also :(

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    63   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    On the note of ammo storage, I do not advise use of any of the plastic ammo cans. We had a house fire a couple of years ago and all the plastic cans got melted and ammo was ruined by water and heat. The ammo in metal cans was all in good condition, so now i use metal cans exclusively. Lost 1,000's of pistol and .22 rounds but all rifle was stored in metal. Hope this gives you all something to consider!! And yes i do my bi monthly rotation and inventory all cans are labeled even spam cans

Top Bottom