• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Audie Murphy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    59   3   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Warsaw
    Alright guys and gals, though I have been on this forum a short time, I feel that INGO is my home/main forum.I maybe a member of 4 other forums but INGO I consider home base.When I need a laugh or info I pop onto INGO. I have met a lot of great people here and I thought that we all shared the same feeling of loyalty.So I was on another forum with a local Indiana section and there was a post asking about what screen names they used on INGO. I was shocked to see some INGO members talk smack about it.
    Mods, if this post is improper, please remove it..But here is the link.By the way my screen name on this other forum is CetmeMI.
    What's your screen name on INGO? - Page 1 - AR15.COM

Last edited:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    INGO isn't for everyone, and that's fine.

What we see most often is the people that talk the most "smack" about INGO still log in and peruse it for the wealth of information that the membership offers. Even some in that thread are participating here on a regular basis.

Others find issue because they received an infraction for a rule they broke and they can't take the chastisement.

Its RARE to find a "hater" that actually leaves the site and never comes back. There have been only a few. I actually have some amount of respect for those folks.

Somewhere it will always be considered "cool" to go against what's popular. And that's fine. If INGO were such a terrible place the numbers would show it.

The Staff here will always strive to bring Indiana Gun Owners the best forum on the web, regardless of the few vocal detractors.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    it appears anything goes at that sight.:(

I wouldn't be so quick to judge. Just because a few members of another site voiced their opinions doesn't mean that the ARFCOM Admin or Mods hold the same opinion. It doesn't even mean they "allowed" such talk.

This is a problem I see represented in the OP's link. Some will base their dislike on a few INGOers with whom they personally disagree. Others will base their dislike on the Staff, thereby overlooking all the useful content provided by the membership (which is MOST of it).

And besides, what would the internet be without a little drama?

MrYesterday

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    Evansville
    You won't find one forum where everyone has good things to say about another. There will always be elitists, and there will always be rivalries.

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    GT is still my home/base forum. Such a huge vast membership that the info and humor and variety wins out for me for just casual lounging/guntalk.

But INGO is a close second and I actually know people from here, and NWI has a great group that gets together very frequently for shooting/classes/dinner. And the classifieds are great for keeping local.

I'd hate to lose either forum. :rockwoot:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Some people have tried to come back here numerous times even without a welcome mat out for them.

Its a pattern we see very often. It goes like this:

1) Member can't follow established rules.
    2) Member gets infraction (old way) or chastised publicly (new way).
    3) Member goes out in a blaze of glory, swearing off INGO and taking shots at the Staff.
    4) Member is banned.
    5) Member sends email to admin telling him how stupid his website is, and that we should let him back in because his banning "wasn't fair".
    6) Member tries to register new account and is denied.
    7) Member tries to register new account through an anonymous proxy and is denied, again.
    8) Member continues to make attempts to access site, while going to another site to vent about how stupid INGO is.

I'm always amazed at how often people try to "sneak back in" to this crappy website. :dunno:

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Its a pattern we see very often. It goes like this:

1) Member can't follow established rules.
    2) Member gets infraction (old way) or chastised publicly (new way).
    3) Member goes out in a blaze of glory, swearing off INGO and taking shots at the Staff.
    4) Member is banned.
    5) Member sends email to admin telling him how stupid his website is, and that we should let them back in because his banning "wasn't fair".
    6) Member tries to register new account and is denied.
    7) Member tries to register new account through an anonymous proxy and is denied, again.
    8) Member continues to make attempts to access site, while going to another site to vent about how stupid INGO is.

I'm always amazed at how often people try to "sneak back in" to this crappy website. :dunno:

This is why I have 8 accounts from different locals, just in case I blow a gasket one day and cannot contain my anger any longer:laugh::laugh::laugh:

MrYesterday

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    Evansville
    One thing that keeps me coming back is there are a few people here in Evansville that I've met through the site, and it's nice to have people local I can talk guns with, so my wife won't kill me when I try to talk about them to her lol. I try to stay out of the drama, but I've seen and heard of a lot of bad stories about a few of the forums.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    One thing that keeps me coming back is there are a few people here in Evansville that I've met through the site, and it's nice to have people local I can talk guns with, so my wife won't kill me when I try to talk about them to her lol. I try to stay out of the drama, but I've seen and heard of a lot of bad stories about a few of the forums.

Thats right we were supposed to have a beer summit if I remember correctly.:D

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I visited a few forums before I joined INGO, and INGO is the only forum Im a member of. I joined bc it seemed to be laid out the best, I liked the rules that keep it clean, its somtimes really really funny, and Ive found the people here to be more than friendly and respectfull. Even if in an argument with them at the time. Also I knew a few people that were members already that recomended it.

So yeah this is my home forum.

Top Bottom