• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    I'll be the first to admit that I'm no Glock Fanboy. I'm old fashioned and like wood and steel. My two main gripes with Glocks are the cost and the fact that they don't fit my hand well. Well, I picked up my first Glock, a Model 22 to go along with my Kel Tec SUB2000's I had that used G22 mags. It was a police trade in and the price was right. I figured it was a soul-less hunk of plastic, so I took off modifying it to fit my hand better. It's not perfect but it points much better for me now. Well, I've been watching this G19 on Auction Arms for awhile and it had gone several rounds with no bids, so I finally took a stab at it. Got it for it's opening bid which was pretty decent. It arrived today and I picked it up. I must say it feels as good or better than my G22! I truly adore the way my Browning Hi-Power and Colt 1911's feel in my hands, but this thing should be a great summer carry gun. Fairly small, lightweight and if it gets sweat all over it and I can't wipe it down, I"m not really worried about it!!

Anyways, here are some pics of the G19:

GunPics002-15.jpg

and a couple of it with my modified G22:

GunPics001-16.jpg

GunPics003-15.jpg

What do you guys think? Am I a fool for messing with Gaston's 'perfection'? Ah well, if I am, I'm living in a fool's paradise and nobody can tell me different! I just need to get an IWB holster and some factory 15 round mags or teh new toy and I"ll be good to go!

Doug K

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I'll be the first to admit that I'm no Glock Fanboy. I'm old fashioned and like wood and steel. My two main gripes with Glocks are the cost and the fact that they don't fit my hand well. Well, I picked up my first Glock, a Model 22 to go along with my Kel Tec SUB2000's I had that used G22 mags. It was a police trade in and the price was right. I figured it was a soul-less hunk of plastic, so I took off modifying it to fit my hand better. It's not perfect but it points much better for me now. Well, I've been watching this G19 on Auction Arms for awhile and it had gone several rounds with no bids, so I finally took a stab at it. Got it for it's opening bid which was pretty decent. It arrived today and I picked it up. I must say it feels as good or better than my G22! I truly adore the way my Browning Hi-Power and Colt 1911's feel in my hands, but this thing should be a great summer carry gun. Fairly small, lightweight and if it gets sweat all over it and I can't wipe it down, I"m not really worried about it!!

Anyways, here are some pics of the G19:

GunPics002-15.jpg

and a couple of it with my modified G22:

GunPics001-16.jpg

GunPics003-15.jpg

What do you guys think? Am I a fool for messing with Gaston's 'perfection'? Ah well, if I am, I'm living in a fool's paradise and nobody can tell me different! I just need to get an IWB holster and some factory 15 round mags or teh new toy and I"ll be good to go!

Doug K

Modifications the thing with Glock's. There are probably more accessories / 3rd party parts / mods available for the Glock than any other gun. Have fun and enjoy, you are nobody's fool. Look at what the AR15 fan boys do to those weapons.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    Modifications the thing with Glock's. There are probably more accessories / 3rd party parts / mods available for the Glock than any other gun. Have fun and enjoy, you are nobody's fool. Look at what the AR15 fan boys do to those weapons.

I seriously doubt that. Brownell's has a whole additional catalog for the 1911! It's probably THE most modified handgun adn the AR-15 is the top modified rifle out there. Call them barbie guns or Harely Davidson gun, either way, you can trick them out anyway you want!

Doug K

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I believe the phrase you're looking for is "rifle connoisseur".

Yes, that is the phrase I was looking for.

I seriously doubt that. Brownell's has a whole additional catalog for the 1911! It's probably THE most modified handgun adn the AR-15 is the top modified rifle out there. Call them barbie guns or Harely Davidson gun, either way, you can trick them out anyway you want!

Doug K

I would hate to be the guy that counts all the stuff out there for both guns and then runs a comparison. Lets just agree there are a ton of mods for both.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    What exactly did you do to the 22 frame? I see that it is textured but did you reduce it yourself?

I filled in the empty cavity behind the magwell with some super tough epoxy. I also added a bit to the upper rear of the gripframe. Once it dried, I started filing the hump off the back of the lower part of the frame. Got it to fit pretty good and smoothed it up, textured it with Accraglass and coated it with Alumahyde in a color that matches the interior of my truck, where it lives. Went pretty easy and only took a few hours over a couple of days. My biggest problem is that Glocks point way too high for me, so losing the big hump on the bottom rear helps bring it down closer to the grip angle of a 1911 with a flat mainspring housing.

Doug K

Osobuco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    Aren't ALL glock owners weird?;)

BTW - Nice avatar - I owned a 1972 Mach 1 Mustang as my first car. One sweet ride.

Top Bottom