• ...and so much more!
  • poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    It's not a habit, it's cool, You feel alive
    If you don't have it you're on the other side
    Youre not an addict (maybe that's a lie)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Do not feel bad. Go ahead and get what you want class weapons can only go up in price as the laws limit the newer models from competing with the old ones.

Get this my mother cleaned out the closet of my bedroom in 2009. Among the finds she called to have me pickup was a
    "planet of the apes lunch box and trash can" a Pete rose signed baseball and a like new 10-22 I had bought in 1985 when I forgot
    my lever 22 in the kitchen and went on a tree rat hunt around Evansville. It was in my bedroom closet 24 years. I never remembered I had even bought it. With my fishing tackle in an action packer was 3 bricks of federal lighting 22 ammo with 12.39 price tags on them i must have bought at a tackle shop some time. One brick had a purple worm melted to the outside of the box.

that is when you know you have a problem. When you do not remember guns purchase 20 p
    odd years ago and ammo shows up in places where you did not expect it.

Give it a while it will catch up with you also.

We thinned the herd significantly last summer in an attempt to curb my addiction and also to fund some other projects. One of my safe's at the very back of a walk in closet was emptied out and left that way until a friend of mine talked me out of it. When we moved it out and I showed him how to open it he reached in and pulled out an SKS that I had bought for the kids to shoot so long ago I could not tell you what year I bought it. Had no Idea it was still in there.......:dunno:
    Have no 7.62X39 pieces or ammo any more but kind of hate to sell it. Kids loved to shoot it.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I only have them for the children... can you imagine the poor little dears out sleeping in the cold, mean streets of Indiana?

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I don't have a problem. Pathetic...I feel sorry for you guys. :stickpoke:

Actually I keep getting rid of guns. In fact there is a good chance I will dump two or three this week. Not mine but the wife's because she is ready for an upgrade.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I used to hang on to them for dear life. But several years ago, during the ban, I let go of my prized HK93. When I let that go, I realized I could let just about any of them go.
    To me it's not "who dies with the most toys wins", but "who got to play with the most toys wins". So if I have to let some go, to play with something else, that's what I do.
    And I have had some nice ones over the years, and still do.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I used to hang on to them for dear life. But several years ago, during the ban, I let go of my prized HK93. When I let that go, I realized I could let just about any of them go.
    To me it's not "who dies with the most toys wins", but "who got to play with the most toys wins". So if I have to let some go, to play with something else, that's what I do.
    And I have had some nice ones over the years, and still do.

My goal is to shoot them all. I am bad about buying guns just to try out and then find them a new home.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    My goal is to shoot them all. I am bad about buying guns just to try out and then find them a new home.

Especially since you keep buying things that I'm also interested in trying & then mention something about "letting it go" when my funds aren't the best... LoL

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The one question that hasn't been asked is how are you doing financially? If you are taking out a second mortgage to purchase a gun that you acknowledge up front that you don't need then you really do have a problem. If you are spending money that would otherwise be invested in the stock market then it really is an investment.

I once agreed to sell an antique gun to a guy that wanted to pay on installments. He eventually paid it off, but he missed payments due to a car problem and his wife needing to see a doctor. I tried to talk him out of buying it and offered to refund every penny he had given me, but he absolutely refused. It was an eye opening experience to me to realize the extent to which people continue spending money on things they don't need even when they are already living on the edge.

Top Bottom