• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seabassnfg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2014
    Valpo
    I have an XD in .40 caliber. It is actually my first gun I ever bought. I love it. It's very accurate. I am tempted to buy a 9mm xdm

TheJuggernaut

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    I have a XDm 5.25 and also agree about the grip not being comfortable and found that it moved around too much in my hand which in turn made the accuracy suffer. I installed the PRP grip and it's a totally new gun literally. It feels fantastic and doesn't move a bit. I suppose the PRP match trigger I installed helped with the accuracy too but it definitely made the gun worth keeping. Last time out it tore the center of the target out.

X-Treme Grips for XD/XDM

XD45_9Medium_zpse37cac24.jpg

Nice guns! I'm curious, did you go with the Traction Sand or Textured Rubber grips? From the pics I could probably guess. But I have no experience with either. I don't mind the texture so much on my XDm's as I do on my XDs. I have been considering these or the Talon's for the XDs. Depending on how it turns out, I might consider them for my XDm's also.

Madjack181

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    Rochester
    I have the XD in .45 ACP, .45 GAP, .40 S&W, and 9mm sub compact. They are all great shooters. The .40 service was my first and favorite. You cannot go wrong with it. Never had a fail with any of them. I have shot everything from steel case crap to my own reloads and they just eat it up. Cheers!

Grifd21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2014
    Bloomington
    I just sold one a week or so ago and am already buying another. I'm a huge fan of anything Springfield and anytime I can find a good deal, I'd buy em. Can't go wrong with either the XD nor the XDM. Personally I prefer the M, I think the trigger is noticeably better - especially if you shoot one right after the other - and I like the grip better as well.

corngrower

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    Bought an xd9 for the wife's nightstand 3 yes ago. They are easy to shoot for most people it seems in The standard service form. Decent trigger and solid feel in your hand. I have a xd .45 with 5 inch barrel and love it for a plinking gun. If I shoot off a rest it is more accurate than I am with hand loads. Both guns will run any ammo that you can buy in retail outlets. Also seem to shoot mousefart loads with great reliability in 9mm.

Zjhagens

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Not a fan of the standard XD. Personally I can't hit the broad side of a barn with any XD I've shot, and I'm not a bad shot with other pistols. May just be me though. However the real reason I don't like them is that I've seen issues with the firing pin breaking from dry firing, which shouldn't be a problem with any modern striker fired pistol, especially considering that you have to dry fire the gun to break it down.

Top Bottom