• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lilop

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I have a LNIB Glock 26 (9mm). I originally bought it for deep concealment purposes, and as a back up to a Glock 19. Outside of function firing it (100 rds), I haven't shot or carried the thing. When I need deep concealment, it's too big, and when I don't need deep concealment, I just carry the 19. It's the classic "tweener" problem. I have recently been strongly considering trading it towards a j or k frame style revolver. Part of me says to keep the 26 due to mag compatibility with the 19, but I have a hard time keeping a gun that I don't use. Am I crazy for even considering this? It shoots great (better than the 19 in some respects), but it isn't really serving a purpose. ANY and ALL imput will be taken into consideration and GREATLY appreciated.

Glock Lover

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    muncie
    Thats tuff. I love my G26. I use it as my off duty carry. I carry it now instead of my G19 just because it weighs less. If you are carrying your g19 and that works for you, you may want to get a small revolver for deep concealment. Whatever floats your boat.

hookedonjeep

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    With the other Sheepdogs
    yes, yes you are crazy. :D

I had a g26, and had bought it for the same purpose - deep concealment. I purchased a Smart Carry holster for it, and it was a beautiful thing - no one, not even my wife, could tell when I had it on. In a discussion on concealment with a friend of mine, I bet him $10 that I was carrying - and I pulled up my shirt, turned in a circle, bent down and pulled up both pant legs; and then, I calmly said to him, "that will be $10". He said "what for - you aren't packin'!" - at that point I presented my g26, and while in astonishment, he paid.

Long story short - the Glock 26 is a great gun for daily carry - it sounds like you just need to find the right holster. Don't give up on it - it is a very reliable piece of hardware, and if you take care of it, it will be a family heirloom. :twocents:

Biohazard

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    central indiana
    If you don't use it and / or it does not fill the role you want it for, then why keep it?

It sounds like it isn't doing what you want it to. And if you're not carrying it then you have mag compatibility for something you don't use.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    each moring I line up my 17, 19 and 26 and 1911...and pick one.

The 26 gets picked the most......

the 17 is my OC pistol
    the 19 and 26 are my CC pistols
    the 1911 is my back up OC pistol

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I use either my Kahr PM9 or Ruger LCP for deep concealment. I think the G26 is wide enough that it doesn't conceal that much better than the G19. I friend of mine who is a LEO carries a G26 off duty and loves it. But his carry piece for work is a G21 -- the G26 is a lot smaller than it.

DJDan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    North Indy
    Yep your crazy.... get rid of all the Glocks get a service length XD and a 3" XD SC
    Haha...yeah! All kidding aside, do you HAVE to sell it to get another gun? If not why not just buy another gun and KEEP the G26 as well. I'm a true XD fan but nothing is wrong with the G26...what a great pistol. I'd be hard pressed to let it go if I didnt HAVE to.

figley

Expert
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    SW Indy
    i'm looking forward to settling on either a crossbreed supertuck, or an MTAC minotaur for my 26. for some reason, i shoot better with it than my 19. or 1911

Top Bottom