• shooter76

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Here's the .308.

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll271/ryouarmedpics/DSC02985.jpg

I'm pretty sure I wanna sell that ACOG so I can get something with a bit more magnification. Illuminated is a necessity. I still want an easy ranging tool, but I just think that for 99% of the shooting I do (target) a person should be able to pick his shots a little better. I am looking at a 3-18 by IOR. I like that HR5 reticle, but I'm not really much of a hunter, so I'll be wanting to range based on a 6 foot figure. I definitely don't want to settle for a lesser quality optic. I really would like to see better. Any other suggestions, or do I just need some sense talked into me?

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I have an IOR 3x18 and I love it. Great scope and reasonable price wise for the quality. If money is no object go for that.
    My self on a short barrel gun like that would not see the need to go over 10x and save some bucks.
    I still would look at IOR though. Try this guy he gave me a great deal on my IOR

--------------------

Scott Berish, Owner
    Liberty Optics LLC
    An Official Vendor of Sniper’s Paradise
    "See Better, Shoot Better"
    www.libertyoptics.com

Phone: 352-572-1469
    Home: 406-890-2714 (6:00 - 9:00 p.m. MST only, please.)
    Fax: 763-431-5015
    Email: Scott@LibertyOptics.com

munky_3434

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    Brazil, IN
    depends on how much you want to sell me that acog for:D

i have a buddy over in bagdad right now that was issued an acog over our usual aimpoint m2's he loves it. so from that aspect i would say keep the acog. but from an illumination aspect, i would say that it is'nt your best bet if you do a lot of low light shooting, or shooting at dusk.

i'd say keep the acog and buy an aimpoint magnifier:twocents:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I just picked up a 4-14x50 IOR from Scott at Liberty Optics a few weeks ago. The MP8 reticle is awesome to shoot through and works very well for ranging. Mine will be going on a 223AI build once it's completed, I can't wait!

shooter76

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Thanks! Looks like I just may have to study up on the mil-dot system. USO makes MOA reticles. Any of you guys ever use those? Or ever see a USO or Nightforce?

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I'd take a hard look at either the 2.5-10 NXS Nightforce or the Trijicon Accupoint in the same power. The NF has awesome glass, the zero stop feature, multiple reticules and is just tough. Trijicon's glass is nearly as good and has a similar zero stop feature. They too have a few reticule options.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I have a USO SN3 TPAL 3.2-17x44 and a Nightforce 5.5-22x50. They are both great scopes but you're talking quite a jump in money. My USO was almost $3K new, the NF are running near $1600. The glass in the IOR is easily as good as the USO and better than the NF.

My only concern is the build quality and the durability of the internal components of the IOR. I don't baby any of my gear so I'll be putting the IOR through it's paces. If it'll hold up then I may have to change my tune as far as saying that NF is the best scope on the market for the money.

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    IOR has very good glass, but on the same level as NF or USO? Talking with people who use them for a living, that is a stretch.

But, again, none would be bad choice.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    You're talking with someone who uses them for a living and did a side by side comparison which is what caused me to purchase an IOR in the first place.

There is a lot of brand loyalty out there. No one, including myself, likes to admit that a scope which costs >$1000 has glass as good as a scope I paid well over $2000 for. IOR has suffered from quality control problems as well as customer service problems in the past. I had zero intentions of ever buying an IOR until I looked through a friend's last month and compared it to my USO and my NF (had all three on the bench side by side). The resolution and clarity of the IOR was amazing. Clear image all the way to the edge and no appreciable distortion of color that I could see.

My opinion of the scope as a whole is still undecided. My new one sits in my safe awaiting the completion of my rifle. I have my doubts as to whether this IOR will be able to withstand the hard use my USO and NF see regularly. If it does, it will have been a steal for the price. If it can't handle it, it's still a good buy for the quality of the glass, even if I have to baby it.

My USO has everything. Great glass, FFP and it's built like a tank. I have no worries about loss of zero or damage with it bouncing around in my trunk. That is what I paid big bucks for it to do, allow me to rest easy. My NF is solid as well but the glass isn't quite as good as the USO and it's SFP. NF is currently the best buy on the market in my opinion but the IOR may be trying to give them a run for the money.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom